CARDIOVASCULAR / ECG TECHNOLOGIST II (11 POSITIONS)
20.2 Reports to: Head of Unit
20.3 Duties and Responsibilities
• To assist doctors during cardiac testing procedures and surgeries.
• To assist doctors in pacemaker insertion.
• To monitor patient blood pressure and heart rate with ECG machines.
• To explain testing procedures to patient to obtain cooperation and reduce anxiety.
• To prepare reports of diagnostic procedures for interpretation by physician.
• To observe gauges, recorder, and video screens of data analysis system during imaging of cardiovascular system.
• To operate diagnostic imaging equipment to produce contrast enhanced radiographs of heart and cardiovascular system.
• To observe ultrasound display screen and listen to signals to record vascular information such as blood pressure, limb volume changes, oxygen saturation and cerebral circulation.
• To assess cardiac physiology and calculate valve areas from blood flow velocity measurements.
• To obtain and record patient identification, medical history and test results.
• To perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
20.4 Required Qualifications
• Holder of three years Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Advanced Diploma in Medicine with additional training in an aesthesia, invasive cardiology, or echocardiography and stress ECG with three years experience from a reputable organization.
• Must be computer literate
MODE OF APPLICATION
• All application letters should be sent by post using the address below and letters delivered by hand shall not be considered.
• Employees working with the Government Organizations /Hospitals should apply through their employers and their employment shall be through transfers depending on approval by the Permanent Secretary (Establishment).
• Applicants for Medical Officer and Medical Specialist positions shall indicate their preferred areas/specialties as indicated in this advertisement. Preference (s) should be indicated on top of the envelop and in the heading of the application letter.
• Applications accompanied with a detailed CV and copies of certificates, testimonials and names of three referees should be addressed to the Executive Director so as to reach her before 21st June 2013.
Muhimbili National Hospital,
P.O BOX 65000,
Dar es Salaam.
NB: This advertisement can also be accessed through the Hospital
TANZANIA PORTS AUTHORITY ADVERTISEMENTS FOR TENDER OPPORTUNITIES TradeMark East Africa (TMEA), the procuring entity, seeks bids f...
Senior System Administrator: Systems - Vodacom Tan... MIS Specialist - Vodacom Tanzania Manager IT Services Delivery & Applicati...
DRIVER POSITION DESCRIPTION: Position Description Document (download) APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Interested and qualified Tan...
INVITATION FOR TENDER FOR THE SUPPLY OF CARDS AND CONSUMABLES FOR THE COMPUTERISED DRIVERS LICENCES: TENDER NO. AE/023/2015-16/HQ/G/...
FRONT OFFICE SPECIALIST Serengeti Breweries Ltd (SBL) operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the 2nd largest beer company with a ma...
Job title E-Referral System Strengthening Consultant Department Sales & Marketing Based in Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzani...
Plan is an international child – centered Development Organization whose mission is to achieve lasting improvements in the quality of ...
Position Title Duty Station Application Deadline Registrar (Re-Advertised) Aru...
Marketing Manager Serengeti Breweries Ltd (SBL) operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the 2 nd largest beer company with a market s...
VACANCIES AT ARUSHA SOCIETY FOR THE PROTECTION OF ANIMALS (ASPA) The Arusha Society for the Protection of Animals has been operating s...