Your opportunity to lead program development and grants efforts to be part of a leading non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of children living in poverty. World Vision (WV) is a global network of people committed to enhance the well-being of children everywhere by empowering families and communities to overcome the challenges of poverty and injustice.
The Program Development Director will provide overall leadership to the programme development division mandated to a) raise WV Tanzania’s (WVT’s) grants portfolio, b) enhance WVT’s visibility and engagement with strategic stakeholders and c) strengthen grant compliance within the organization.
We are looking for a visionary leader who can combine strong business disciplines with inspirational leadership skills in line with our values and ethos. You will have a passionate desire to help others, especially children.
• Enhance WVT’s visibility and engagement with strategic stakeholders
• Raise WVT’s Grant Portfolio 50% of its overall funding
• In close collaboration with Integrated Programmes Ministry, ensure effective launching of new grants and a smooth transitioning process from grant acquisition to implementation.
• Provide inspiration and leadership to the Programme Development team to work as a united, motivated team to achieve excellence in all of its objectives.
• Ensures quality and timely preparation and submission of divisional strategic plan, annual operations plan and budgets.
REQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
• Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognised University with a minimum of 10 years of experience in programming (designing, implementing, evaluating and monitoring) of integrated development, relief and/or advocacy of donor funded projects and at least 7 years of experience at managerial level in an international NGO.
• Multiple skills and working experience in relief and/or advocacy with International NGO.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all staff and other key partners.
• Demonstrate leadership and team building ability.
• Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills.
Could you fulfil this vital, challenging and rewarding role and be part of this life-enriching experience?
How to apply:
For specific details regarding the position, please refer to the full description and apply online by the closing date. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Finance Director - WV Tanzania
Use your finance and leadership expertise to be part of a leading organisation dedicated to improving the lives of children living in poverty.
World Vision (WV) is a Christian humanitarian organisation dedicated to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
The Finance Director - WV Tanzania will provide overall leadership, oversight and management support for all aspects of financial management in the National Office. A focus on ensuring accountability, stewardship, coordinating planning and budgeting processes, providing accurate financial data and developing financial strategy that best serves the National Office (NO) strategic and programmeobjectives.
We are looking for a visionary leader who can combine strong business disciplines with inspirational spiritual leadership skills in line with our Christian values and ethos. You will have a passionate desire to help others, especially children.
Provide strong and positive leadership to the finance department ensuring competent and motivated staff are hired and retained, providing efficient delivery of services.
Coordinate professional and personal development of finance staff through adequate orientation, on-the-job coaching, identification of learning, training needs and opportunities (e.g. in accounting, SunSystems, grant management, risk management, leadership, etc.) and succession planning.
In collaboration with other NO Directors, advise the ND on strategic resource acquisition and allocation in line with RWG/VIR (Regional Working Group /Virtual Investment Review) recommendations approved by the Regional Leader.
Design and manage systems, policies and procedures that provide appropriate levels of security and control of WV assets, resources and operations.
Coordinate the submission of timely, accurate and complete relevant reporting to the Partnership and to internal users.
REQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
MBA in Finance, MSC in Finance/Accounting/Auditing ACCA, CIMA or CPA preferred
Minimum of 5 years of experience in finance position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency and 2 years of experience in finance management position
ACCA, CIMA or CPA
Will you use your experience in finance to further “life in all its fullness” for children?
For specific details regarding the position, please refer to the full description and apply online by the closing date 22 May 2013. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website:www.wvi.org. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.