The British High Commission (BHC) is seeking a confident and well-organised individual to fill the post of Projects and Press Officer. This is a great opportunity to work in an exciting and fast-paced environment where the ability to think creatively, troubleshoot, work effectively with others, pay attention to detail and deliver results are key.
The main function of the Projects and Press Officer is to take responsibility for the strategic spend of the BHC project funding and provide support to the BHC communications and media work.
The right candidate will have the ability to seek out project proposals and media opportunities, deal with a broad spectrum of media people, be flexible and enjoy working in a team in a busy office.
Applicants must be legally authorised to work in the United Republic of Tanzania.
- Effectively manage the BHC’s project funding (£120,000), including working closely with colleagues through regular project meetings, providing administrative project support and maintain oversight of the strategic spend of resources.
- Proactively seek out project proposals and co-ordinate project bids to ensure they comply with British government project requirements and that they closely align with the BHC Country Business Plan.
- To use media and social media to maximise public diplomacy opportunitiesof BHC project work to contribute towards the British High Commission’s objectives.
- To communicate the BHC’s objectives and messages, and lead on maximising public diplomacy opportunities through organising events, such as press conferences, interviews, press releases, and other events requiring media attendance.
- Maintain an effective list of contacts, covering all aspects of project and media work.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant work experience with either media and/or project background (preferably both).
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise and execute multiple tasks to a high standard, and to use own judgement to solve day-to-day project and media related issues.
- Ability to produce good quality and accurate work, with attention to detail and against tight deadlines.
- Ability and confidence to contribute effectively in a team working environment, and with numerous stakeholders and customers.
- Ability to be flexible in approach depending on priorities and shifting workloads.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Kiswahili.
- Strength in Microsoft Office programmes, specifically excel, word and outlook.
The starting gross monthly salary for the position is Tsh2,344,306 + 10% matching contribution to a local pension fund. Medical insurance is also included. Appointment will be under local terms and conditions and the candidate selected to fill this position will be required to obtain Protect security clearance.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit their CV and a one-page statement describing why they would be a good candidate for the role to Tanzaniafirstname.lastname@example.org the subject line “Vacancy: Projects and Press Officer’.
The deadline for the submission of applications is 12 noon on Thursday, 27 June 2013. Interviews are tentatively scheduled to take place between 01 - 07 August 2013.
Please ensure that any e-mail attachments do not exceed 10MB. Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted, and will be required to bring original certificates and diplomas for verification.
The British High Commission is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We welcome all applicants, irrespective of race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, creed, beliefs or age. Selection is on merit.
The British High Commission does not appoint any agents to process job applications or arrange interviews and expects no fees to be paid to anyone. Any irregularities should be reported by email to email@example.com.