Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Warehouse Officer based at Bulyanhulu Mine in Tanzania. This role reports to the Warehouse First Line Leader and the role holder will be accountable to receive all Direct Issue and / or Stock Items ordered via Purchase Orders. The incumbent will also dispatch material from site by using the correct policies and procedures, ensuring the safe passage of the material concerned, including Hazardous and Dangerous material.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being six weeks on and three weeks off.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Carry out the receipt of all general material and spares accurately, safely and in accordance with the relevant Policies and Procedures.
• Issue and control all directly ordered materials and goods.
• Carry out the receipt of all major consumables into the respective areas of the Warehouse accurately and safely.
• Dispatch and / or export materials or items correctly and safely from the Site to any destination according to laid down Acacia Policies and Procedures and ensure to meet all the requirements of the Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA).
• Carry out the receipt, storage of materials, and issuing of materials as per the applicable SOP’s.
• Ensure all transactions and locations are accurate and updated each day to maintain shelf stock accuracy.
• Ensure all delivery personnel and other visitors to the Warehouse comply with all relevant Policies and Procedures.
• Provide efficient and timely service to customers and departments.
• Take responsibility for the safe operation of all forklifts and other required material handling equipment.
• Keeping work areas clean and tidy and demonstrate good housekeeping qualities.
• Be proactive in all aspects of Warehouse security to prevent and eliminate theft and fraud.
• Ensure any stock variation / inventory discrepancies are reported immediately as they are discovered during issuing of goods (through comparison between Pronto picking slips against physical quantities available).
• Maintain accurate Warehouse records.
• Ensure receipt of goods or services is confirmed and accounts are processed for payment according to Acacia’s Supply Chain Procedures.
• Ensure records are maintained and reporting obligations are met according to Organizational and Legal requirements to provide an audit trail and for other Organizational purposes.
• Operate equipment according to the manufacturer and Company recommendations, reporting equipment faults in time.
• Ensure the recording and filing of documents are up-to-date and in line with applicable SOP's.
• Secondary School Certificate
• A Certificate in Warehousing or Material Management would be preferable
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in the mining environment
• Experience with software applications commonly used in warehouse operations e.g. Pronto and Flowcentric
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Computer skills – MS Word, Excel, Outlook
• Time management, scheduling and planning skills
• Ability to analyze and interpret data
• Ability to communicate effectively
• English literacy and numeracy.
• Document management