Tanzania Community Health and Social Welfare Systems Strengthening Project
(Dar es Salaam, Dodoma, Mbeya, Mwanza and Tabora)
The Community Health and Social Welfare Systems Strengthening (CHSS) Program is a five-year USAID funded cooperative agreement led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. with partner World Education, Inc. CHSSP goal is to build capacity of the Government of Tanzania’s health and social welfare structures at the community level to enable more accessible, higher quality health and social welfare services for HIV affected and other vulnerable populations in targeted communities in Tanzania.
The Training Coordinator will oversee the coordination of all training activities in support of the project at the Zonal level comprising over 15 councils. He or she will be responsible for the identification of training needs for structures, designing and implementing training, monitoring conduct of the various training, including assessment of effectiveness of training program, and building the capacity of the local partners. These responsibilities will be carried out in close collaboration with other coordinators and collaborating partners under the direct supervision of the Zonal Director reporting in dotted lines to Training Manager.
• Work in collaboration with the Training Manager and Zonal Coordinators to identify existing training capabilities and training needs related to the range of essential services of the program at the zonal level
• Collaborate with the training manager to design appropriate training programs for the different service providers, including the development of curricula, modes of instructional methodologies, selection of audio-visual materials and tools for monitoring and evaluation at the zonal level.
• Coordinate and implement training programs that are competency- based and participatory based on principles of adult learning, and provide quality training assistance at the zonal level
• Coordinate the writing, editing and final preparation of , documents and reports associated with training activities.
• Identify additional potential trainers and conduct training of trainers to expand the pool of capable human resources.
• Coordinate the regular updating of training packages and resource materials.
• Assist the project team and partners in developing long-term training and capacity building strategy.
• Compile specific training needs and work with operations on agreed deliverables at the zonal level
● Bachelor degree in Education, Learning and Development, Human Resources or related field with at least 4 years’ experience in Training coordination
● In-depth knowledge of health and social welfare services policy framework and program implementation in Tanzania;
● Proven work experience as a trainer, training facilitator or coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting
● Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
● Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
● Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
● Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
● MS Office proficiency
● Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
● Strong communication skills
● Proven ability to work in diverse settings with public, private, and NGO sectors;
● Demonstrated excellent organizational, analytical, oral, and written communication skills;
● Demonstrated skills in spoken and written English at ILR Level 4 or the equivalent;
● Proven experience in producing high quality English-language communication products such as progress reports, case studies, presentations, and research protocols;
● Extensive experience in sub-Saharan Africa required, Tanzania experience preferred; and
● Tanzanian national preferred.
Interested candidates are required to send a cover letter, current CV before end of 11th March, 2017 to
Chief of Party,
JSI Research & Training Institute Inc.
Community Health & Social Welfare Systems Strengthening Program/Tanzania
Tel: +255 759 467354
13 Pieter's Lane,
Masaki, Dar es Salaam
Make sure you specify the location of your choice
JSI - R & T is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D