Precision Air Services Plc is a fast growing private Tanzanian airline which operates in Partnership with Kenya Airways, with its strategies to expand wings beyond East Africa and Africa.
In order to keep our services at a higher level and meet our customers' maximum satisfaction we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in this challenging position.
POSITION: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
REPORTS TO: GROUP MANAGING DIRECTOR & CEO
DUTY STATION: DAR ES SALAAM
ROLE PURPOSE OF THE STATEMENT:
The Technical Director is responsible and accountable to the Group Managing Director and Chief Executive for the day-to- day operations and activities of the Technical Department. His primary function is to plan and timely provide serviceable Aircraft for commercial purposes in accordance with the relevant Airworthiness requirements and company aspirations.
Engineering background coupled with:
Seven years Airline Engineering experience' two of which must be in a senior position.
Good understanding of Technical Stores, Aircraft workshops, Aircraft production, Engineering quality, Technical Services and Propulsion Systems.
Commitment to achieve even under severe pressure
Good negotiating skills.
Information Technology Literacy
Good work ethics that is reliable, honest and committed.
Attended Management Course and Seminars.
Familiar with JAA, FAA and TCAA requirements.
A licensed Maintenance Engineer with appropriate
Airframe Power Plant and Avionics ratings.
Three years experience in maintaining the same category and class of aircraft used by the AOC holder including one year in the capacity of returning aircraft to service. University Degree in Aeronautical/Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (as an added advantage).
• Develop and maintain internal relationships to ensure a detailed understanding of all Precision Air needs so that Engineering can deliver cost effective support.
• Develop and implement Engineering strategies and plans to meet business needs at minimum overall cost, organize and motivate the function to deliver a: high quality service, meet regulatory requirements and safety at all times. .
• Train and develop staff to the highest caliber and capability to deliver the Airlines needs.
• Develop and implement safety management systems is a member of Air Safety Review Board (ASRB), WBM, MBM Management Review Meeting and Chairman to the Maintenance Safety Group (MSG) and should attend all ASRB and MSG Meetings.
• Is the CMC Director and is responsible for performing the duties stipulated in MPM: 184.108.40.206. Ensure high level of safety is achieved in the organization. The Person responsible for maintenance (Director of Maintenance) is responsible to the CEO for the co-ordination of maintenance function.
• Strategy - Objectives road map and plan
• Leadership - Team building and relationship quality
• Execution - Effectiveness and efficiency
If you feel you meet the above requirements please send your application and CV to the address below. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Precision Air Services Plc
Mail Box 70770 Dar es Salaam
Source: The Guardian 23 February 2017