From Mwananchi, 24th Feb 2016
DRIVER 15 POSITIONS -MWANZA,
MOSHI, DODOMA, TANGA,
MBEYA, TABORA & DAR ZONES, HQ (JOB REF DCZO 01)
REPORTS TO: TRANSPORT OFFICER
SUPERVISES: TRUCK ASSISTANT
Ensures safe and cost effective delivery of drugs and medical supplies to the located sites at specified time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Conduct pre-vehicle inspection to the assigned vehicle before traveling and perform routine service to the vehicle under your control to ensure it is clean and in good running condition to operate cost effectively.
2) Timely dispatch of office documents to the assigned destination
3) Account for the safety of the vehicles to the officer in charge and report any mechanical defect for further administrative decisions
4) Keep record of vehicle movement and distance covered within its logbook to ensure proper tracking of fuel and routes covered.
5) Checks the vehicle to ensure that it has a valid insurance cover and road worth license.
6) Drives vehicle safely taking into account the safety of other road users and passengers in the vehicle according to the traffic rules and regulations in place
7) Delivers goods and supplies to destinations and ensures timely and safe delivery.
8) Double check the allocated items for distribution to ensure accuracy in picking and allocation before loading onto the vehicle
g) Ensure the signing of delivery documents for records keeping of goods delivered to respective customers
10) Collecting customer complaints as the case will be and provide report on the same to the respective authority
11) Loading and off-loading of goods for delivery to the respective customers
12) Responding to customer queries/questions as they arise during the delivery of goods
13) Account for the security of the vehicles and goods in it during distribution
14) Performs any other duties relevant to MSD operations as assigned by the supervisor
Ordinary Secondary school education
Holder of a valid driving license
Driving skills Training with VETA or NIT
2 years of working experience from a reputable organization
Better understanding of State traffic laws, rules and regulations
Defensive driving skills
Customer Care skills
Introduction/elements of pharmaceuticals
Sales and marketing skills
Forklift operation skills
Interested Tanzanians who meet the minimum requirements of any of the above position should send their application letters stating how they meet the positions requirements in writing, a CV listing names and contacts of 3 work related referees, 2 current passport size photographs and copies of their certificates to the address below so us to reach on or before 14days after the date of this advertisement
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Medical Stores Department,
P.O. Box 9081,
Dar es Salaam.
MSD is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Caution: All positions will be treated in a transparent manner. Calling or canvassing for interview will be treated as an offence and will automatically render your unfit; if you suspect any unfavorable treatment, please email email@example.com