Source : Daily News,24th Feb 2017
The Embassy of the Republic of South Sudan (RSS) is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the following vacancies;
MISSION SECRETARY (1 POST)
Supervisor:His Excellency theAmbassador
1. Manage the Ambassador's office (including coordinate and distribute all classified and unclassified materials in and out of the office, screen phone calls and visitors)
2. To determine priorities for his Excellency the Ambassador and provide timely and administrative support.
3. To liaise on behalf of the Ambassador for contact and appointment both inside and outside the embassy in Tanzania.
4. Receive and handle the Employer's appointments.
5. Make and confirm the Employer's appointments as instructed by the Employer.
6. Take notes during meetings and type letters and other documents as instructed by the Employer.
7. Receive and make telephone calls or send emails on behalf of the Employer as instructed by the Employer.
8. Opening all incoming letters and mail and forwarding the same to the Ambassador's office.
9. Receive and send emails on behalf of the Employer as instructed by the Employer.
10. Arrange and file the Employer's letters and other doc;uments.
11. Undertake such duties and exercise such powers in relation to the Employer as shall from time to time be assigned to or vested in her.
12. In the discharge of such duties and in the exercise of such powers observe and comply with all instructions and directives from time to time made or given or issued by the Employer.
13. Devote the whole of her time and attention during the working hours to the discharge of her duties above.
14. Conform to such hours of work as may from time to time reasonably be required of her.
15. Observe and conform to the rules, procedures and regulations as contained in the Office Procedures and Guidelines Manual. .
16. In pursuance of her duties hereunder perform such services for Employer as the Employer may reasonably require.
17. Other duties as required.
1. At least two (2) years extensive experience as executive/ personal assistance to a senior manager or similar employment experiences and Past experience working as secretary in a diplomatic mission is an added advantage.
2. Superior office management and organisational skills including hospitality supervision and support skills.
3. Proficient in written and spoken English.
4. Competent IT Skills, good working knowledge of Microsoft Applications.
5. A working style that is team oriented and flexible and the ability to handle pressure.
6. Holder of a University Degree in International Relations.
7. Decree in International Relations
Interested eligible candidates should submit their application letter, curriculum vitae and three referees to The Embassy of the Republic of South Sudan P.O. Box 79 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.