INVITATION FOR TENDER NO. ME- 024/2016-17/HQ/G/36 FOR THE SUPPLY OF VARIOUS GOODS FOR SPECIAL NEEDS SCHOOLS SUPPLIERS
Date: 28th February 2017
The Government of Tanzania through the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MoEST) has received a Grant from the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) towards the cost of Literacy & Numeracy Education Support (LANES) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Grant to cover eligible payments under the contract for thesupplyvarious goods for Education Support Resource and Assessment Center .
This Invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project which appeared in Daily News & Procurement Journal Issue no. 1768 dated 16th October, 2016
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Science and Technologynow invites sealed tenders from eligible suppliers as tabulated below:
The above requirement constitute the Lots, hence Tenderers does not required to quote for all lots, but the respective lot shall be quoted for all items and quantities. Tenderers who does not quote for all items and quantities in the respective lot will be considered non – responsive and rejected for evaluation.
4. Tendering will be conducted through the NCT National Competitive Tendering (NCT) procedures specified in the Public Procurement Regulations, 2013; Government Notice No. 446 and is open to all Tenderers as defined in the Regulations.
5. Interested eligible Tenders may obtain further information from and inspect the Tender 7. Documents at the office of the Secretary, Ministerial Tender Board, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, 7 Magogoni Street, 9121, 11479 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Old UTS Building, Room No. 7, from 0900 hours to 1500 hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
6. A complete set of Tendering Document(s) in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested Tenderers upon submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 5 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of TZS 100,000 (Tanzanian Shillings: One Hundred Thousand Only). Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology.
7. All Tenders must be accompanied by a Tender Security amounting 2.0% of the tender price in an acceptable form or international freely convertible currencies in case of foreign Tenderers.
8. All tenders in one original plus two copies properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes must be delivered to the following address: Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, 7 Magogoni Street, P.O. Box 9121, 11479 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Old UTS Building, Room No. 7, at or before 30th March,2017 10:30 hours. Tenders will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening ceremony at the 1st Floor, Conference Room, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology Headquarters Building located at 7 Magogoni Street, 11479,Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
9. Tenders will be close on 29th March, 2017 10:30 hours local time and will be opened publicly soon thereafter in presence of Tenderers and /or their representative who wish to witness the opening are welcome to attend.
10. Late Tenders, portion of Tenders, electronic Tenders, and Tenders not received, Tenders not opened and not read out in public at the tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.