From Mwananchi, 24th Feb 2016
JOB TITLE:Chief Financial Accountant
1 POSITION MSD HEAD OFFICE (JOB REF DFP 01)
DIRECTORATE: FINANCE AND PLANNING
SUPERVISE : REVENUE ACCOUNTANTS,
Establish and maintain financial policies and management information system, prepares, develops and analyses financial information to allow MSD to make well informed decisions to ensure future suitability, profitability and growth
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Advice the Director of Finance and Planning in all matters related to financial accounting.
2) Manage a system of accounts for banking transactions and correspondences to enable accurate and timely reporting on the financial performance of MSD operations.
3) Manage a system of accounts for goods and services to enable accurate and timelyreporting of MSD expenditure and revenues and propose investment option.
4) Oversee a system of approving payments within specified limits for all goods and services procured by MSD; per timeline ensuring debtors values are kept at minimum level.
5) In liaison with Stock Verification Manager review stock (financial) position periodically to maintain a link between financial and physical values. Ensure proper maintenance and accurate records on all types of revenue s, payments, assets and liabilities.
6) Review from time to time internal control band their effectiveness and suggest improvements based on current market practices. Provides supervision in the preparation of accounting and other financial reports as per MSD financial regulations
7) Manages the requirements of External and Internal Auditors to ensure a full and rigorous audit of MSD Accounts, ensuring audit issues are attended timely.
8) Ensure safety and good custody of the company financial records and proper coordination of staff in the unit
9) Liaise with other departments for formulation of systems and procedures pertinent to proper financial accounting control
10) Participate in budget preparation, preparation of statutory reforms and board papers
Holder of Masters Degree in Finance or Business Administration or equivalent qualification with a first degree majoring In Finance or Accountancy from a recognized institution; CPA (T) or equivalent qualification with at least ten years work experience in the relevant field four of which must have been in senior position. Must be computer literate and application skills in various accounting computer packages is a must
Sound financial decision in the organization
Proper allocation of resources in the organization to ensure effective accounting , financial management practices
Effective custody of MSD budget; revenues are banked and accounted for , expenditure budget is used according to financial regulations
Effective management of the operating budget for the finance
Interested Tanzanians who meet the minimum requirements of any of the above position should send their application letters stating how they meet the positions requirements in writing, a CV listing names and contacts of 3 work related referees, 2 current passport size photographs and copies of their certificates to the address below so us to reach on or before 14days after the date of this advertisement
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Medical Stores Department,
P.O. Box 9081,
Dar es Salaam.