CRDB Bank PLC is looking for suitable person to fill a vacant position of a Quantity Surveyor in the Department of Credit at the Head Office, in Dar Es Salaam.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
This is an officer level job with reporting line to the Credit Manager responsible for Appraisal of Project Loans and Environmental and Social Risk Assessment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOBHOLDER
Assessing and reporting on the potential or real time prevalence and extent of risks associated with project
o Design errors noted by the owner or the bank.
o Design errors notified by consultants or contractors.
o Tender and Contract documentation errors that are likely to affect performance of the borrower in
servicing their loans.
o Cash flow snags that are likely to affect performance
o Effects of inflation and escalation of resource prices
o Policy and regulatory changes likely to affect loan repayment.
Evaluating viability of project loans applied by borrowers in the construction and building sector and
advising on viability and likely profitability and loan servicing capability by the applicants.
Develop various disbursement control forms for all disbursement tranches in project lending.
Monitoring project progress for projects loaned by the bank including
o Attending site meetings and negotiation or management meetings, when needed and/or so
o Assessment of effectiveness of mobilization stage and forecasting its impact on project
o Monitoring site real time activity and resource scheduling and efficiency of performance; and
advising on the likely impact on loan performance.
o Disputes or potential disputes that may affect loan repayments.
Monitoring cash flow trends and relating these to the overall project implementation programme.
Advising on the level of plant, equipment, materials and labour allocation as related to programme and productivity on site.
In-house evaluation of Consultant’s Interim Valuation and Payment Certificates.
In-house evaluation of the final account prior to final disbursements for projects.
The ideal candidate should possess the following minimum qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree OR an Advanced diploma in Building Economics, Construction management of Construction
Economics from the Ardhi University or equivalent from the former Ardhi Institute or any other recognised institution.
2. Registered Quantity Surveyor with Architects and Quantity Surveyors Registration Board.
3. Experience with a Consulting QS firm or with a contracting company and OR possession of a Masters degree in
relevant fields (Construction Management, Construction Economics or Engineering management with
Construction bias) will be added advantage.
The candidate must have a minimum working experience of three (3) years after being registered as Quantity Surveyor by Architects and Quantity Surveyors Registration Board.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
1. Good inter personal skills
2. Strong communication ability in both Kiswahili and English
3. Ability to work under pressure
4. Self motivated and good team player
5. Detail oriented with ability to take initiative and serve as change agent.
6. Good planning and organization skills
7. Basic computer knowledge with emphasis on the Working knowledge of Microsoft office (word, excel etc)
8. Analytical and problem solving skills.
9. Decision making skills
The candidate must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
1. Strong commitment to diversity and educational equity.
2. Operate with integrity, confidence and humility.
3. Self reflective, ambitious and eager to learn.
4. Demonstrate sound work ethics.
5. High degree of honesty and integrity
CRDB BANK Plc offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Successful candidate will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with demands of the position.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with copies of academic transcript, certificates and with a detailed up to date CV with two work related referees addressed to the
Director of Human Resources.
Director of Human Resources
CRDB Bank PLC
P.O. Box 268
DAR ES SALAAAM
All applications must reach the Director of Human Resources not later than 10th February, 2017