Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 500 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, newborn and Child Health, Water and sanitation, capacity building and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa has a vacancy based in Bariadi -Simiyu.
GENDER OFFICER (1 POSITION- BASED IN BARIADI -SIMIYU)
REPORTS TO: PROJECT MANAGER RMNCH
• Provide required quality technical skills and guidance to project team, partners and stakeholders in provision of gender sensitive and friendly RMNCH/WASH services in health facilities and out-reach services
• Main actor at community level for community gender mobilization, organization of community and health facility activities, advocacy forums, networking and day to day project field work
• Planning and organizing skills
• Ability to operate modern office equipment
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (1 POSITION- BASED IN DAR ES SALAAM)
REPORTS TO: COUNTRY DIRECTOR
To provide high level Executive Administration support to the County Director’s office; to the country programme, and support functions in a proactive and timely manner to ensure the comprehensive level of preparation required for them to fulfil their leadership and management responsibilities; through effective coordination, planning, office management; administration and logistics oversight,
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for overall oversight and management of the country director’s office
• Responsible for overall execution of administrative and logistical activities pertaining to Amref’s country office.
• Responsible for preparation and coordination of reports
• Communications and correspondence support: Reviews correspondence to the office, provides the relevant case history, prepares routine responses for the director or directs it to the most appropriate office. Handle routine responses to correspondence and is overall on charge of receiving and dispatching official correspondence and communication (including letters, faxes, email, telephone etc)
• Planning: Coordinates the director’s calendar of events through communications to relevant offices both Internal and external. This includes annual planning as well as adhoc planning of activities.
• Facilitate and ensures all facilities and equipment are insured and updated to avoid unnecessary inconveniences
PROJECT OFFICERS HIV/TB (2 POSITIONS- BASED IN SHINYANGA/SIMIYU)
REPORTS TO: PROGRAM MANAGER- GLOBAL FUND
To coordinate and provide support to CSOs/CBOs and local government structures in the implementation of Global Fund HIV/TB interventions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate closely with regional and district HIV/TB coordinators/focal persons and CBOs/CSOs to ensure smooth implementation of the planned HIV/TB interventions in respective regions/districts
• Provide start up support to the regions/districts in the implementation of the project and ensuring linkage with community based approaches for increased access to HIV/TB services
• Coordinate the implementation of all planned activities in respective regions/districts
• Coordinate training activities and ensure adherence to national guidelines
• Ensure that all implementers of the project have the required guidelines
• Prepare detailed activity reports
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual progress reports
• Provide supportive supervision to all project implementers in respective regions/districts to ensure quality implementation of project activities
Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply