Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 500 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Water and sanitation, capacity building and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa has the following vacancies based in Shinyanga/Simiyu.
1. PROJECT OFFICERS HIV/TB (2 POSITIONS- BASED IN SHINYANGA/SIMIYU)
REPORTS TO: PROGRAM MANAGER- GLOBAL FUND
To coordinate and provide support to CSOs/CBOs and local government structures in the implementation of Global Fund HIV/TB interventions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate closely with regional and district HIV/TB coordinators/focal persons and CBOs/CSOs to ensure smooth implementation of the planned HIV/TB interventions in respective regions/districts
• Provide start up support to the regions/districts in the implementation of the project and ensuring linkage with community based approaches for increased access to HIV/TB services
• Coordinate the implementation of all planned activities in respective regions/districts
• Coordinate training activities and ensure adherence to national guidelines
• Ensure that all implementers of the project have the required guidelines
• Prepare detailed activity reports
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual progress reports
• Provide supportive supervision to all project implementers in respective regions/districts to ensure quality implementation of project activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Advanced Diploma or Basic degree in Medicine or Nursing. Post graduate qualification in Public Health or other related fields will be an advantage
• Technical expertise in HIV/AIDS and TB prevention care and support
• At least three years’ experience in managing HIVAIDS/TB programmes
• Demonstrate understanding of the Tanzania health system and policy environment and working in partnerships with districts and communities
• Must be computer literate
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employerand position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of two referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS February 28th , 2017. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply