CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Title: Human Resources Assistant
Duty Station: Madrid, Spain
Start date: As soon as possible
Programme: Human Resources
Duration: 4 months
Contractual Status: Service Contract (Local Recruitment)
Deadline for Applications: 19 February 2017
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is the United Nations agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism.
UNWTO is currently looking for a Human Resources Assistant for its Human Resources Programme. The Human Resources Programme is responsible for providing services to UNWTO employees: fair, correct and transparent implementation of the UNWTO Staff Regulations and Rules; administration of entitlements and benefits; managing the entire recruitment process; revising and issuing new policies and Rules and Regulations, when needed; addressing any grievances and disciplinary cases and; managing the organizational training.
Under the overall supervision of the Director, Administration and Finance and theday-to-day supervision of the Senior Programme Assistants, Human Resources, the Service Contract holder will perform the following duties:
• Assist in the preparation of contractual formalities and carry out proper follow-up, provide advice on related procedures and liaise with the corresponding UNWTO Programmes to arrange all relevant contractual formalities;
• Assist in providing administrative and logistical support in the recruitment and selection processes and ensure arrangements for interviewing and testing of candidates;
• Assist in providing administrative and logistical support for training activities;
• Update HR databases with relevant data and periodically check the validity of the data kept and generate relevant reports;
• Undertake research, gather and compile information, and draft routine correspondence based on instructions provided by the supervisor or based on background information available on office files and other relevant sources;
• Prepare documents, statistical tables and reports from raw data, forms, hand-written or rough draft material and printed matter;
• Assist with the maintenance of HR files, including the maintenance of confidential files;
• Ensure that the information of the Human Resources section in the UNWTO Intranet and Internet sites is accurate and up to date;
• Screen telephone calls and visitors, provide information and answer queries;
• Perform other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by university courses in a field related to the activities of the Programme.
• Experience and basic Minimum of two years of related professional experience in the field of recruitment, staff competencies administration or administrative services.
• Fluency in English;
• Fluency in French would be a strong asset;
• Good working knowledge of another of the official languages of the Organization (Arabic,
• Russian or Spanish) would be an asset.
Computer Skills :
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office software and Windows 7, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Good knowledge of research tools;
• Other Skills and Competencies:
• Problem-solving skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and multi-task;
• Sense of responsibility and commitment;
• Customer-service orientation;
• Tact, accuracy, discretion and respect for confidentiality;
• Strong oral and written communications skills in the languages required, as indicated above;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural, multiethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
• Knowledge of structures and procedures of international organizations and of national administrations is desirable.
Application Procedure Interested applicants are requested to complete the Online UNWTO (http://www2.unwto.org/webform/UNWTO-HHRR-CFE-02-HHRR-2017) Personal History Form.
Please note that UNWTO will only accept applications received through our web-based system.
Applications sent by other means (e.g. post, email, etc.) or received after the deadline indicated above, will not be taken into consideration.
Remuneration and Other:
The monthly remuneration of the selected candidate would be in the base range of EUR 1,600
Conditions and EUR 1,800, depending on previous professional experience, skills and competencies. The Service Contract holder will be affiliated to the UNWTO health insurance plan (co-shared scheme in conformity with the Organization’s procedures).
Candidates who do not receive any feedback within three months of the deadline should consider their application as unsuccessful;
Short-listed candidates may be asked to take a competitive exam as part of the final phase of the selection process. These candidates will be contacted directly for this purpose;
There is no guarantee either that the initial contract will be renewed or that a career appointment within UNWTO will subsequently be offered.