Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania's leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km's from Mwanza City and 20 km's South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km's west of the fast growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Senior Manager Finance
Job Number: GGM – 2017 – XFA – 01
Number of Positions: 01
Works For: Managing Director
• Bachelor's degree in finance or similar degree is mandatory.
• A professional post graduate qualification (e.g. CPA, CA, CMA or ACCA) will be preferable.
• Registered by NBAA.
• Knowledge of relevant financial laws and regulations applicable in Tanzania
• 10 years post qualifying experience in a senior financial position, preferably in the mining industry
Purpose of the Role:
• To provide direct support to the Managing Director in the development and execution of finance to achieve company goals and objectives. Plan, direct and co-ordinate financial management activities of the mine and to maximize the strategic use of finance resources to produce the best results by ensuring efficient functionality of the department.
Team work and supervision
This is a managerial role and as such a successful incumbent will be accountable for management and deliverables of the Finance team at GGM
• Implement accounting policies, procedures and standards effectively and in a manner consistent with the development of a conscious culture in the workforce.
• Prepare and present cost reports on a monthly basis for site management and head office personnel.
• Analyze data from cost reports to assure management that costs are being effectively monitored and remedial action is being taken to correct unfavorable variances.
• Manage the mine's business planning and budgeting processes in accordance with regional office reporting instructions and deadlines.
• Manage all financial accounting processes including the preparation of full annual statutory accounts.
• Design and manage a framework of sound financial internal controls on the mine.
• Initiate and coordinate cost management efforts on the mine.
• Cash flow management.
• Tax management including indirect taxes.
• Review all of the AngloGold Ashanti accounting directives and understand its applicability to Geita.
• Identify accounting directives that need to be developed for Geita by working with the group accounting team to ensure compliance to international accounting standards and group policies.
• Integrate supply function to the finance function by ensuring
Inventory system integrity and accuracy
Align policies and procedure to meet according requirements
• Develop appropriate compliance
SOX compliance which is a US listing requirement
Integrate AGA compliance standards
Manage the mine’s relations with external, internal and SOX auditors and ensuring the full implementation of audit report recommendations.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
• Provide guidance on the overall IT Management and governance process
• Develop and execute the mine IT strategy that feeds into the overall group IT strategy
• Oversees the management of IT Governance , Risks, and Security
• Ensure Adherence to the Group IT architecture, standards, and policies but also influence and champion components of the Group standards and policies.
• Lead the IT team in delivery of IT services e.g. Network Management, Work station management, application enhancements and management, vendor management, etc.
• Identify areas of concern or risk from an audit perspective then designs and develops a proactive audit coverage plan wherein the scope of a project is defined to quantify and identify risks by determining the most appropriate methods of executing the assignment and ensuring that these are aligned with institutional standards and best practices and that specific audit requests or needs are catered for.
• Ensure compliance with relevant tax related legislative requirements (including SOX) and manage/ ameliorate tax and financial leakages.
• Identify, manage and minimize international and local tax risks to the Global Group,
• Continuously investiqate opportunities and strategies to ameliorate and optimize tax leakage within the group.
Safetv & Sustalnabllity Expectations
• Identify understanding and addressing safety hazards and risks.
• Demonstrate behavior that is consistent with the AngloGold Ashanti Safety vision and values.
Improve and maintain Geita's overall governance to meet CAR standards.
• English is essential (Used in AGA as a business language)
• Advanced user of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of SAP FICO
• Effective communication skills required.
• Personal drive, initiative, resourcefulness.
• Knowledge of both open pit and Underground gold mining operations.
• Knowledge of gold market and industry,
• Knowledge of economic and political environment, and adapting changes to the mine's performance and strategy.
• Set Finance objectives and priorities
• Drive implementation of finance strategies.
• Develop a culture of continuous improvement across the project.
• Deliver on Site, Regional and Corporate reporting and governance requirements.
• Advise executive team on progress using clear reporting methods.
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Senior Manager Finance and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita 'Gold Mining Ltd,
P.O. Box 532,
Email via jobs.geita@AngloGoldAshanti.com
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant's head of department.
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 08th March 2017 - 17hr30.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a Job offer or suspect such activity, please report this Immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +25S 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailling firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Internet at www.tip-offs.com.
Source: Daily News 22 February 2017