From Mwananchi, 24th Feb 2016
JOB TITLE : Clearing & Forwarding Manager
1 POSITION MSD Head Office (Job Ref
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF PROCUREMENT
SUPERVISES: CLEARING OFFICERS
JOB PURPOSE: In charge of all functions related to the clearing and forwarding of all medical related consignments, imported by MSD or by the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; or exported by MSD to other countries at any Tanzania boarder points
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Manage all functions related to the clearing and forwarding for all consignments at the point of entry.
2) Manage the effective relationship with all stakeholders in the clearing industry so as to keep abreast with changing nature of the work
3) Verify the authenticity of all clearing charges payment requests before sending them to the Director of Procurement
4) Ensure good governance in managing clearing finances and accounts including third part clearing bills ..
5) Liaise with the Directorate of Logistics on offloading containers and receiving of goods at MSD . country boarder points and ensure cleared goods have been received in line with the provisions provided in the East Africa Community Management Act and VAT Act
6) Explore and maintain a seamless and efficient work process to ensure the uriit operate strategically.
7) Ensure claim process for short landed consignments is initiated and ensure empty containers are returned to the shipping line on time, and container deposits are refunded ..
8) Supervise guide and lead employees within the section to ensure the section has high performing staff that are adequately assessed.
9) Perform any other duties relevant to MSD as may be assigned by supervisor
Bachelor Degree in Arts, Business or procurement and supply chain management; or Logistics Management
Masters in: Business Administration, International Business or procurement and supply chain management; or Logistics Management
8 years' experience
Sound knowledge in East Africa Community management Act, and VAT Act•
Contract management skills-
Clearing and forwarding skills ..
Material management skills
Good communication skills, (in both English and Kiswahili).
Interested Tanzanians who meet the minimum requirements of any of the above position should send their application letters stating how they meet the positions requirements in writing, a CV listing names and contacts of 3 work related referees, 2 current passport size photographs and copies of their certificates to the address below so us to reach on or before 14days after the date of this advertisement
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Medical Stores Department,
P.O. Box 9081,
Dar es Salaam.