Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 500 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, newborn and Child Health, Water and sanitation, capacity building and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa has the following vacancy based in Dar es Salaam office.
1. EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (1 POSITION- BASED IN DAR ES SALAAM)
REPORTS TO: COUNTRY DIRECTOR
To provide high level Executive Administration support to the County Director’s office; to the country programme, and support functions in a proactive and timely manner to ensure the comprehensive level of preparation required for them to fulfil their leadership and management responsibilities; through effective coordination, planning, office management; administration and logistics oversight,
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for overall oversight and management of the country director’s office
• Responsible for overall execution of administrative and logistical activities pertaining to Amref’s country office.
• Responsible for preparation and coordination of reports
• Communications and correspondence support: Reviews correspondence to the office, provides the relevant case history, prepares routine responses for the director or directs it to the most appropriate office. Handle routine responses to correspondence and is overall on charge of receiving and dispatching official correspondence and communication (including letters, faxes, email, telephone etc)
• Planning: Coordinates the director’s calendar of events through communications to relevant offices both Internal and external. This includes annual planning as well as adhoc planning of activities.
• Facilitate and ensures all facilities and equipment are insured and updated to avoid unnecessary inconveniences
• Organizing: Manage the execution of events under the director’s office including meetings, workshops and other work-related gathering.
• Manage utilities and other statutory dues including Tax exception from TRA, claims water and electricity by ensuring timely, appropriate and cost effective payment of bills to avoid disconnection.
• Reporting: In charge of processing and distribution of a variety of reports including minutes and monthly work reports from the office.
• Information Management: Develop and maintain relevant databases and filling system for optimal management of information and contacts.
• Liaisons: Liaises with both external and internal contacts in coordination with the director to ensure follow-up and execution of planned activities.
• Liaise with Key suppliers of office equipment ensuring all necessary service are provided. This includes but is not limited Amref Health Africa collaborators, donors, partners, managers and staff as may be relevant.
• Budget Control: Monitor the office budget and support its preparation as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Degree in secretarial will be an added advantage
• Experience in office management and Administration in a busy environment.
• Knowledge of modern office procedures
• 3 yrs in providing high level executive and Administrative support
• Excellent communication Skills
• Report writing
• Planning and organizing skills
• Ability to operate modern office equipment
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employerand position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of two referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS March 13th , 2017. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: email@example.com
Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply