From Mwananchi, 24th Feb 2016
JOB TITLE: Senior Record Management Assistant 1 POSITION MSD HEAD OFFICE (JOB REF DHRA 03)
REPORTS TO: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER MSDS 3
Reviews the adequacy of operational and administrative procedures in accordance with policy, instruction and regulations with a view of giving reasonable assurance that MSD objectives are achieved and MSD operations are improved as well as to manage the normal internal auditing activity within MSD.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Supervises operational and strategic management of both open and confidential registry files.
2) Provides the administration with support on file management in terms of guidelines, guidance, advises and record management/ filling systems.
3) Ensures that accompanying documents are endorsed.
4) Cross references letters in relevant files.
5) Marks the transit ladder to desk officer for action.
6) Prepares file register.
7) Receives in-coming mails and records it in relevant register.
8) Classifies and boxes records and documents.
9) Arranges files and records in racks and cabinets in the registry or archives.
10) Deals with requests for documents and records from other organizations.
11) Conducts daily file census.
12) Dispatches outgoing mails.
13) Circulates flimsy file to authorized officers
14) Perform any duty assigned by his/her supervisor
Holders of Diploma in Records Management from a recognized institution. Computer knowledge is essential with at least four years of working experience in the related field.
Diploma in Records Management from recognized institution
Knowledge on accounting and financial, management
Four years' experience in accounting and financial management.
Data and document management skills
Record keeping skills
Report writing skills
Attention to detail
Interested Tanzanians who meet the minimum requirements of any of the above position should send their application letters stating how they meet the positions requirements in writing, a CV listing names and contacts of 3 work related referees, 2 current passport size photographs and copies of their certificates to the address below so us to reach on or before 14days after the date of this advertisement Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted Director General, Medical Stores Department, P.O. Box 9081, Dar es Salaam. via APPLY below MSD is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply. Caution: All positions will be treated in a transparent manner. Calling or canvassing for interview will be treated as an offence and will automatically render your unfit; if you suspect any unfavorable treatment, please email email@example.com