From Mwananchi, 24th Feb 2016
JOB TITLE :Manager Internal Audit (DG 02)
UNIT INTERNAL AUDIT UNIT
REPORTS TO CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR
SUPERVISES PRINCIPAL INTERNAL AUDITOR AND SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
Plans and supervises Annual Assurance and consulting activities in accordance with the International Professional Practice Framework (IPPF) issued by the Institute of the Internal Auditors (II A) and the MSD Internal Audit Charter.
Supports the Chief Internal Auditor in planning, execution, reporting and communicating the engagement results to Executive Management
Team (EMT) and to the Board of Trustees through the Audit and Risk Management Committee, working within the Chief Internal Auditor plans and implements periodic internal Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP) to improve the quality and effectiveness of the Internal Audit Unit and comply to the Internal Auditing International Professional
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans and supervises the annual risk assessment exercise for the entire MSD to facilitate the
2. Preparation of the annual Risk Based Internal Audit Plans and supervises the execution of fraud risk assessments.
3. Investigates ethical issues and proposes measures for resolution.
4. Assist the Chief Internal Auditor to Prepare Risk based Annual Audit Plan for the approval of the Audit & Risk Management Committee.
5. Prepares the scheduling of both Assurance and consulting engagements and establishing the resources allocation and needs for the approval of the Chief Internal Auditor
6. Reviews all engagement plans prepared by Senior/ Principal Internal Audit Officer and submit them to the Chief Internal Auditor for approval. .
7. Conducts the second review of engagement working papers and the draft engagement reports for final review and approval by Chief Internal Auditor.
8. Assists the Chief Internal Auditor to plan and execute the periodic Internal Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP)
9. Initiates the periodical improvement to Internal Audit manuals and audit programs.
10. Supervises and coordinate to preparation of monthly reports for EMT.
11. Assist the Chief Internal Auditor to prepare Quarterly reports for submission to the Audit&Risk Management Committee, Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) and Ministry of Finance Internal Auditor
Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting,
Pharmacy, Information Technology, Computer Science or its equivalent.
Master's degree in Business administration, Finance, or Accounting, Information Technology, Pharmacy, Internal Auditing or equivalent. .
Certified Public Accountant registered by
National Board of Accountants and Auditors (CPAT) or/and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Possession of either Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) or Certified Fraud
Examiner (CFE) will be added advantage.
8 years relevant experience
Interested Tanzanians who meet the minimum requirements of any of the above position should send their application letters stating how they meet the positions requirements in writing, a CV listing names and contacts of 3 work related referees, 2 current passport size photographs and copies of their certificates to the address below so us to reach on or before 14days after the date of this advertisement
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Medical Stores Department,
P.O. Box 9081,
Dar es Salaam.