From Mwananchi, 24th Feb 2016
JOB TITLE : Strategic Management Advisor
(MANAGER) 1 POSITION MSD HEAD
OFFICE (JOB REF DG 01) - 2 years Contract
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR GENERAL
SUPERVISES: STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT TEAM
JOB PURPOSE: To undertake the strategic support for recommended review of MSD and highlight key gaps within MSD operations and provide recommendations on improvement areas for efficient and effective operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) To manage a framework for planning and coordinating the MSD strategic management office, designed with the objective to ensure a successful implementation of organizational strategic goals and demonstration of tangible results in all organizational aspects,
2) Lead organizational initiatives designed to ensure rapid implementation of key stakeholder's recommendations including MoHCDGEC on making MSD an efficient, reliable and sustainable organization.
3) Responsible for tracking risk and issue management, project management processes, quality management, scope management, and schedule management and reporting status of the strategy implementation to the Management, Board and Strategy implementation Steering Committee,
4) Coordinate and follow up closely on a portfolio of ongoing projects and strategic initiatives within MSD to ensure alignment with MSD strategic plan and flawless execution of the portfolio of MSD's initiatives
5) Engage with external stakeholders (e.g Relevant Ministries and Development Partners, BRN Delivery Bureau of the Parent Ministry) to ensure smooth implementation of MSDstrategic initiatives which requires external stakeholders' involvement.
6) Design and own change management strategy and implementation for the successful delivery of MSD's strategic objectives
7) Responsible for liaising with the Directorates/ Units and managing a' team of project managers, subject matter experts and analysts in the development and completion of projects or programs across all MSD's business lines/ departments/Units
8) Liaise with the steering committee and the management team to prioritize all projects, and provide decision support including the transfer of focus to delivering benefits, not only simply reaching project milestones
9) Review the MSD strategic management plan and in collaboration with the steering committee recommends directorates/units project work plans which are related to the strategic review involving all key players and objective owners.
10) Develop standards for performance dashboards for overall MSD strategy ensuring involvement from the MEM office and alignment with MSD DRIVE performance management system
11) Develop and implement Change Management & Communication Plans
12) In liaison with the EMT review current business portfolio, recommends and develops workable
opportunities for MSD mapping the current
MSD business expansion strategies such as
MCO, MSD SBU and forthcoming projects.
13) Act as a delivery unit of MSD on strategic review recommendations ..
Master's degree in business related field or! equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution with 'experience of 8 years relevant working experience, preferably in the Tanzania public health sector, 4 of which should be at a managerial level managing large, complex projects to successful completion. Must possess Professional Project Management skills with proven record in managing complex projects or implementing company strategic initiatives.
Interested Tanzanians who meet the minimum requirements of any of the above position should send their application letters stating how they meet the positions requirements in writing, a CV listing names and contacts of 3 work related referees, 2 current passport size photographs and copies of their certificates to the address below so us to reach on or before 14days after the date of this advertisement
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Medical Stores Department,
P.O. Box 9081,
Dar es Salaam.