Terms of reference for Video Production Internship, New York
UNICEF's ICT function is in a state of transformation, in line with the recognition of the changing tide of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) world and the business environment in which it serves. The ICT function is focused on continued improvement of services for the realization of UNICEF's mandate. It incorporates the implementation of recommendations (made by stakeholders) on how to better leverage technology for competitive advantage and business value optimisation.
One such recommendation is to improve communication across the ICT organisation, including the enhancement of the IT Intranet. Accordingly, the Project Management Office (PMO) of the ICT Division (ICTD) has set out to revamp communication tactics and the ICT function's Intranet by adopting graphic and other design elements to create appealing products that make communication material easier to consume and visually appealing and that enhance the presentation of the material on the Intranet. The transformation is to ensure that ICT communications, electronic or hardcopy, have a contemporary look that is appealing to readers, with video content wherever possible.
As such, the PMO is seeking Interns with a strong background in video and/or animation production.
Benefits for UNICEF and interns include:
· UNICEF gains access to a rich pool of fresh talent with good academic standing and in pursuit of making a good impression of their capabilities;
· UNICEF gains an opportunity to support the learning and development of the interns through the practical application of their skills areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief of the PMO, the interns will work on various aspects of video production for several projects, including:
· Producing filmed and/or animated vignettes of the services offered by the Sections of the IT Division;
· Producing filmed and/or animated vignettes and/or animations of the services offered in the IT Service Catalogue;
· Producing filmed and/or animated vignettes and/or animations presenting the IT vision and strategy for the envisioned, modernized IT function;
· Producing filmed and/or animated vignettes of day-to-day activities of Divisional staff to enrich the communication function of the IT Division;
· Assist with drafting interview questions, interviewing IT service providers and IT portfolio business case owners, editing and producing said interviews as necessary;
· Production of other videos as assigned, e.g. software tutorials, business process tutorials;
· Perform administrative tasks as assigned.
Organization, research and analysis: demonstrates intellectual creativity, analytical rigor, and contributes innovative ideas;
Results orientation: self-starter who demonstrates drive to achieve results in a timely manner and seeks solutions to any problems encountered; makes efficient use of available resources; demonstrates ability to multitask;
Communication skills: has the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively; demonstrates ability to build consensus and expresses ideas clearly;
Interpersonal skills and client orientation: excellent interpersonal skills and Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
Managing Change: demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Eagerness to learn and excel;
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
Experience working under minimum supervision and tight deadlines.
Required Skills and Experience
The following qualifications are required:
Candidacy for an advanced degree in Film, Television or Media Production, or other related subject areas and be fully conversant and knowledgeable in film production concepts and their application;
The intern must be currently enrolled in an advanced university degree (Master's degree)
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme, however, they are expected to have the following skills:
Knowledge of different video formats and conversions, including iMovie and Final Cut Pro;
Knowledge and ability to film with professional video equipment;
Knowledge and ability to edit videos;
Knowledge and ability to create animated videos;
Knowledge of quality sound equipment for video production;
Knowledge of quality lighting for filming is an asset;
Working knowledge of YouTube and other social media sites is an asset.
Fluency in English. A working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
Living Conditions and Working Environment
This position is not necessarily office based.
Internships at UNICEF are non-remunerative.
HOW TO APPLY:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=501447