CRDB Bank PLC is looking for suitable person to fill a vacant position of a Valuer in the Department of Credit at the Head Office, in Dar Es Salaam.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
This is an officer level job with reporting line to the Credit Manager responsible for Credit Administration and Supervision.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOBHOLDER
Carry out internal valuation and verification of all collaterals valued by independent external professional valuers.
Guide Branch Credit Managers on carrying out independent internal valuation of all collaterals valued by independent external professional valuers.
Carry out at least quarterly assessment of the performance of the independent external professional valuers to assess compliance with agreed performance standards.
Provide basic internal training on basic valuation techniques to Credit Analysts and other lending officers within the bank.
Develop templates for carrying out internal valuations of different assets pledged as collateral for loans grantedby the Bank.
Participate in empanelment of valuation firms for various industries for the Bank.
The ideal candidate should possess the following minimum qualifications:
1. Bachelor of Science in Land Management and Valuation OR Advanced diploma in Land Management and Valuation from the Ardhi University or the former Ardhi Institute or any other recognised institution.
2. Fully Registered Valuation Surveyor and /or Member of the Tanzania Institute of Valuers and Estate
Agents will be an added advantage.
1. The applicant should have at least three (3) years experience in valuation of various purposes including
2. The applicant should have experience in valuation of :
a) Land and Landed Properties of all kinds such as residential and commercial properties, hotels, real estates,warehouses, storage tanks, etc.
b) Plants and Machineries
c) Mining, quarrying Oil and Gas resources
d) Movable Assets such as motor vehicles, tractors, motor boats/ships, construction and earth moving
e) Agricultural (farms) and their standing crops.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
The Jobholder must have:
1. Good inter personal skills
2. Strong communication ability in both Kiswahili and English
3. Ability to work under pressure
4. Self motivated and good team player
5. Detail oriented with ability to take initiative and serve as change agent.
6. Good planning and organization skills
7. Basic computer knowledge with emphasis on the Working knowledge of Microsoft office (word, excel etc)
8. Analytical and problem solving skills.
9. Decision making skills
The candidate must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
1. Strong commitment to diversity and educational equity.
2. Operate with integrity, confidence and humility.
3. Self reflective, ambitious and eager to learn.
4. Demonstrate sound work ethics.
5. High degree of honesty and integrity
CRDB BANK Plc offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Successful candidate will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with demands of the position.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with copies of academic transcript, certificates and with a detailed up to date CV with two work related referees addressed to the Director of Human Resources.
Director of Human Resources
CRDB Bank PLC
P.O. Box 268
DAR ES SALAAAM
All applications must reach the Director of Human Resources not later than 10th February, 2017