Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Mechanical Fitter based at Bulyanhulu Mine in Tanzania. This role reports to the First Line Leader - Mechanical and the role holder will be accountable to deliver quality mechanical repair and maintenance of Process Plant Equipment as per shift assignment in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being Fourteen (14) Days on and Seven (7) Days off.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and investigation and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Complete mechanical activities to standard without causing damage to any equipment, components or systems.
• Carry out mechanical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain Process Plant Equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
• Follow up on outstanding maintenance / repairs.
• Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum mill availability.
• Provide accurate and timely feedback to the Mechanical First Line Leader on conditions that may affect functionality/ availability of equipment.
• Carry out troubleshooting, fault finding and corrective maintenance in order to solve unplanned equipment unavailability.
• Maintain and repair plant mechanical components such as conveyors, crusher filtration machine (Larox), Mills, air blower & compressor, oxygen plant, Cone crusher, Pumps, Hydraulic systems etc.
• Ensure preventive maintenance compliance and perform PM inspections according to maintenance requirements.
• Complete work orders, identify resources (tools/ equipment) required and ensure inspection compliance.
• Prepare work areas, mechanical equipment and materials according to job specifications.
• Complete shift handover processes.
• Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills, and develop full potential.
• Full Technician Certificate or VETA Grade I (Mechanical / Fitter)
• Secondary School Education
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Fixed Plant Machinery maintenance.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Knowledge of mechanical specifications / drawings and operating procedures.
• Knowledge on how to measure material from job specifications.
• Knowledge of pump operation & maintenance.
• Knowledge of tools, equipment, and techniques used in mechanical activities.
• Knowledge of fluid mechanical principles.
• Knowledge of torque and power.
• Knowledge of bending/ strain and shear stresses in beams subject to static point and distributed loads.
• Knowledge of friction laws and applications in mechanical devices and systems.
• Effective communication skills in English and Swahili.