GEOLOGIST – DEVELOPMENT (2 VACANCIES)
Acacia Mining seeks to employ two (2) Geologists - Development based at North Mara Mine in Tanzania. These roles report to the First Line Leader - Geology and the role holders will be accountable to implement drilling programs, manage field logistics, collect geological data, and evaluate drilling results on a daily basis in a safe and cost effective manner, as well as evaluate sections maps and plans for the drilling program.
These are twelve (12) month fixed term contract role, with the work roster being six (6) weeks on and three (3) weeks off.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Identify, notify and/or rectify all unsafe acts, situations and hazards within the workplace.
• Reduction of drilling costs by managing drilling programs, storage, distribution and use of drilling supplies and equipment.
• Assist on a daily basis with supervision of drilling programs, including geological and structural logging, mapping, and geochemical, sampling and drilling core orientation surveys.
• Assist with and participate in training programs for the development of all Geological Technicians and Assistants.
• Ensure site inspection has taken place with Field Technicians and Contractors prior to any activity, highlighting potential hazards and minimum PPE requirements for each work program.
• Develop targets for surface drilling assessments.
• Undertake logging, sectional interpretation, data entry, and wireframing into 3D models.
• Coordinate and supervise Geological Technicians and Assistants responsible for sample collection, dispatch, core orientation and other field tasks.
• Ensure samples are taken / prepared to the highest standard prior to dispatch for analysis.
• Ensure appropriate sample and assay quality control measures are in place, adhered to, monitored and reported on.
• Manage project logistics.
• Undertake structural, lithological, geotechnical and assay correlations to enhance the understanding of mineralized prospects.
• Participate in the conversion of structural, lithological and geotechnical data into 3D solid model format that can be incorporated into resource block models.
• Participate in geostatistical evaluation of orebodies as part of the resource estimation process.
• Participate in the completion of accurate and timely 3D resource block models, estimates and reports.
• Assist with production tasks as required.
• Ensure the timely delivery of accurate geological data, knowledge, reports and documents.
• Bachelors Degree in Geology
• 3-5 years’ experience in mine and exploration geology
• Experience in managing exploration drilling programs
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Knowledge in data entry software
• ArcGIS software
• Project management
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Analysis and diagnosis