RELIABILITY STANDARDS ENGINEER
Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Reliability Standards Engineer based at Bulyanhulu Mine in Tanzania. This role reports to the First Line Leader Reliability and the role holder will be accountable to perform predictive maintenance duties that include vibration analysis, thermography, oil analysis, thickness testing, field balancing (single and dual planes), laser shafts alignment and motor current analysis so as to ensure reduced downtime and increased efficiency on machines and a reduction in potential safety hazards.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being fourteen (14) days on and seven (7) days off.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting/ investigation and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Audit the functionality of the maintenance system for the Process Plant, Underground HME, Surface HME, Light Vehicles and Shop10.
• Establish action plans to close identified gaps.
• Establish critical components on critical machines for Underground Fixed plant, Process Plant and Underground HME.
• Monitor and improve components life by using predictive methods.
• Implement condition monitoring for all critical equipment / components for Fixed and Mobile Plants.
• Identify improvement projects within Asset Reliability and drive them through to implementation.
• Measure and monitor machine vibration data and perform in-depth analysis to evaluate equipment running condition and recommend immediate or long term corrective measures.
• Perform site-wide thermography inspections on electrical installations and mechanical equipment to evaluate equipment operating conditions and advise on repairs whenever necessary.
• Perform field balancing (both single and dual) for rotating machinery to resolve imbalance conditions.
• Perform precision laser shaft alignment during repairs as well as new installation set ups.
• Coordinate the site-wide oil analysis program from sampling stage, samples shipment and reviewing analysis results to affect necessary actions.
• Assist operations and maintenance teams in investigating and resolving equipment problems.
• Recommend and engineer various modifications to reduce equipment downtime, increase plant efficiency and reducing safety hazards.
• Perform engineering analysis and design for given programs / projects and facilitate in developing documentation in the form of drawings and specifications for bid and construction.
• Guide and review relevant mechanical engineering analyses and designs being performed by contractors / consultants to ensure quality and consistency with company requirements.
• Ensure that contractors comply with safety standards that exceeds industry practice and any applicable legislative requirements.
• Ensure daily, weekly and monthly department reports are completed accurately and according to site schedule.
• Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
• Registered Certificated Electrical / Mechanical Engineer or equivalent
• 3 years’ experience as a practicing Engineer in a Maintenance role
• 2 years’ experience in hands on predictive maintenance and project management
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Maintenance Systems
• Project Management
• OH&S Legislation
• Environmental Legislation
• Risk Management
• Computer Skills – MS Excel, Word, Email, Pronto etc.
• Time management, scheduling and planning
• Analysis and interpretation of data, troubleshooting
• Project Management
• Coaching and Facilitating