World Vision International, based in Tanzania - East Africa
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 45,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Project Director Economic Empowerment – THRIVE (WVUS), you will provide strategic leadership and technical support to WVUS funded programmes aimed at building improved and resilient livelihoods for smallholder farmers in a targeted National Offices (called THRIVE). The anticipated resourcing for these programmes of $175 million over 7 years is derived from a WVUS major donor marketing campaign. You will also provide leadership in helping to establish the evidence base for THRIVE and promote alignment with the WV Global Livelihoods Strategy in collaboration with key National Offices, Vision Fund International and the GC Resilience & Livelihoods Team.
· Master Degree in at least one of agriculture, business/commerce, or development studies.
· 15 years work experience in economic empowerment, with a strong focus on agricultural development issues.
· Experience in designing, implementing, and managing small-holder farmer economic empowerment programming.
· Demonstrated ability to support, engage and nurture performance with program managers remotely without any line of authority relationship.
· Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
· The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 60% of the time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 16 Feb 2017. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.