Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Metallurgical Section Leader based at North Mara Mine in Tanzania. This role reports to the Process Plant Manager and the role holder will be accountable to provide leadership to the Metallurgical Team to ensure that the maximum amount of gold is extracted, plant availability is met and production targets achieved in line with industry best practice.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being six weeks on and three weeks off.
• Ensure safe work practices in the section by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and investigation, and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Reduction in AIFR, LTIFR, IIFR.
• Reduction in environmental incidents, and ensuring ICMI compliance.
• Optimize the process plant mill throughput, recovery and metal reconciliation.
• Ensure proper metallurgical planning and scheduling, and inventory management which maximize operational efficiency and minimize costs, and equipment and mill downtime.
• Ordering of reagents and monitoring the usage thereof.
• Reduction in processing cost per ounce by applying cost analysis techniques with relevant improvement controls.
• Increase in plant recovery or reduction in variation, ensuring technical innovation and improved recovery controls.
• Improving Monthly Metal Reconciliation variance.
• Ensure that required maintenance of equipment is completed and that there is an increase in Overall Equipment Effectiveness.
• Assist with the compilation of the Process Plant Budget and ensure the monitoring and controlling thereof.
• Ensure efficient preparation for all required Plant shutdowns.
• Ensure that team members meet their performance objectives, conduct performance reviews for team members and ensure that team members have development plans and that the milestones are achieved.
• Supervise the training and development of team members and ensure that localisation/ succession plans for the team are implemented.
• Ensure that daily, weekly and monthly reports are completed on time, accurately and with appropriate content.
• Support all processing related projects and business improvement initiatives.
• Relevant Metallurgical/ Mineral Processing/ Chemical Engineering Diploma/ Degree
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a metallurgical/ mineral processing environment in mining with 2-3 years’ experience in an operational leadership role.
• Extensive experience in Gold Extraction.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Good computer skills - MS Office Suite
• Project management skills
• Good communication skills in English – speaking and writing
• Excellent knowledge of mining and milling operations
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to train less experienced team members
• Good working knowledge of maintenance practices and techniques
• Team Leadership