The role holder will primarily be responsible for the innovation, implementation, support and maintenance of Bancassurance ICT systems to ensure alignment of ICT resources to support growth of business.
Act as the first point of contact for all IT issues related to Bancassurance Business.
- Ensure that the ICT Systems Supporting Bancassurance business run optimally with minimum disruption to business.
- Review business cases and other technical documents with IT project staff to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents.
- Propose and create system design models, user requirements specifications, diagrams, charts and implementation roadmaps to provide strategic direction to the business. Provide technical support in sourcing and designing baseline products and training programs for self and the Bancassurance team.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, and processes.
- Coordinate all ICT projects within the Bancassurance department and ensure rollout within specified timelines, cost and quality.
- Implement and adhere to regular systems maintenance policies and procedures, including change request mechanisms and patch update schedules to ensure optimum uptime and service availability. Enforce the group’s ICT policies for good IT governance by ensuring that installations, systems configurations and user practices adhere to the industry standard and practices.
- Perform recovery and testing of systems and processes in accordance with the Bank’s Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity strategies.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to both unit managers and other stakeholders when required.
- Cross-skill and participate in the support of other related ICT systems within the group.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree preferably in Computer Science or an IT Related field.
- Oracle Certified Associate (Oracle 11g Database Administrator) is an added advantage.
- Project qualifications CBAP, PRINCE 2 or PMP as well as knowledge of ITIL will be an added advantage.
- Other IT Certification (Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) / Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) / Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Data Platform is an added advantage.
- At least 3years’ experience in working with Unix /Linux Operating Systems and databases ( Oracle, My SQL, MS SQL) environment and must have proven experience in system analysis, design, implementation and support.
- At least 3 years’ of experience in support and management of insurance ICT solutions is mandatory.
- Have through understanding of methods and techniques used in the installation, administration, monitoring, upgrading and problem resolution of central application software systems.
- Have thorough understanding of Insurance industry practices, products and services.
- Excellent, high quality interpersonal, presentation, problem solving, negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
- Ability to network through all open channels with large technological dependency for the target market.
- Proven excellent analytical, planning, organization and execution skills.
The above positions are demanding roles which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com.
To be considered your application must be received by May 17, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JOB REF: KI 01/2016