FAO's Subregional Office for Eastern Africa is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing subregional food, agriculture and rural development priorities. It develops and maintains relations with subregion-wide institutions including Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). It assists the FAO Representations (FAORs) in the subregion with addressing subregional food security, agriculture and rural development issues at country level. The Subregional Office is a subsidiary of FAO’s Regional Office for Africa (RAF).
The Junior Professional Officer (Nutrition) reports to the Nutrition Officer
Nutrition and Sustainable Food and Agriculture for Development.
Analytical and database/web services to support programmes, projects, products and services.
· Analyzes relevant technical social, economic, environmental, and technology information, data and/or statistics for input in various documents
· Maintains records and updates databases and web pages
· Provides technical support to various projects
· Collaborates in the development of training tools and materials and the organization of workshops/seminars etc.
· Participates in the organization and follow-up of meetings, consultations and conferences, the production of required materials and the provision of information and assistance to partners
· Collects and analyses data on nutrition in the subregion;
· Sustains project backstopping to member countries;
· Contributes to the preparation of technical documents and provides inputs to member states on Food Security and Nutrition;
· Supports the regular exchange of information on the nutrition between the subregional offices, regional office and headquarters;
· Sustains the identification, formulation, implementation and monitoring of programmes and projects;
· Supports FAO’s nutrition-related networking.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
· Advanced university degree in Nutrition, Food Science, Food Security, Epidemiology or any other field related to the work of the Organization One year of relevant experience in nutrition, or nutrition education of agriculture for development
· Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian
· Results Focus
· Building Effective Relationships
· Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
· Extent and relevance of experience in Food Security policies and programmes in relation to Agriculture for Development
· Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
· Extent and relevance of experience in the preparation and revision of technical/scientific documents and in organizing meetings and workshops
· Working knowledge of English and French is desirable.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
· Candidates should be 32 years of age or younger as of 31 December of the year of application.
· All candidates should possess computer/word processing skills.
· Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
· Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your iRecruitment online profile (see “How to Apply”). We strongly recommend that you ensure that the information is accurate and complete including employment record, academic qualifications and language skills.
· Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
· Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this vacancy notice and the endorsed candidates will be considered for the Employment Roster for a period of 2 years.
· Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org