LANES Program Assistant - Procurement – Based in Dar es Salaam
Tanzania Mainland has been granted support from the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) for the period 2014/15-2016/17 for implementation of the Primary and Adult and Non Formal Education Development Programmes, focusing on Improved Literacy and Numeracy Skills for children aged 5 to 13 years. The support will be provided through the Literacy and Numeracy Education Support (LANES) programme being implemented by three Ministries: Ministry of Education and Vocational Training (MOEVT), Prime Minister's Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (PMORALG) and Ministry of Community Development, Gender and Children (MCDGC).
In order to ensure strong coordination of activities that are being implemented by different entities, the government is planning to recruit a Programme Assistant - procurement to join the LANES national Coordination unit which will be responsible to the Permanent Secretary – MoEST. The role of the coordination Unit will be facilitating effective implementation of the programme activities. Specifically, the unit will support achievement of the LANES Key Results on Basic Litaracy and Numeracy Skills by ensuring that programme activities contributing to the achievement of the key results are successfully implemented.
The Programme Assistant - Procurement is responsible for;
- To make sure the follow up on the implementation of the procurement plan.
- Tracking LANES departments or institutions which are implementing the program to ensure procurement laws and regulations have followed eligibly.
- Manage the handling and storage of property eligible for LANES (records)
- Ensure all procurement procedures are shown and stored in a specific file.
- perform other tasks that will be assigned to by the LANES coordinator or DPMU
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Procurement and Supply or equivalent;
- A clear Understanding of current Government procurement Systems and procedures;
- Excellent working knowledge of Kiswahili and English languages; and
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years of working experience in Procurement and Supplies, preferably within a Government of Tanzania system; as well as donor funded projects.
Terms of Employment for the position is a one year contract, renewable on a proven good performance. Salary is negotiable and will depend on candidates' experience
Application letters duly accompanied with detailed CV and copies of relevant certificates/testimonials should be sent email@example.com "> firstname.lastname@example.org
Or sent to the undersigned address before 13th June, 2016.