KCB Bank Group is East Africa’s largest commercial Bank that was established in 1896 in Kenya. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Ethiopia completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today KCB Bank Group has the largest branch network in the Region of over 250 branches, 962 ATMs and 12,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. This is complemented by mobile banking and internet banking services with a 24hour contact center services for our customers to get in touch with the Bank. The Bank has a wide network of correspondent relationships totaling over 200 banks across the globe and our customers are assured of a seamless facilitation of their international trade requirements wherever they are.
KCB Bank Rwanda Ltd is a member of KCB Group Ltd, operating with a network of 12 branches, 2 cash centers, 27 ATMs and over 260 agents, spread across the width and breadth of the country in order to offer products and services closer to the marketplace. We pride ourselves in being a warm and customer friendly institution offering a full range of financial solutions.
This role will assist the IT Application Support Team Leader in proving management and support of the banks System Applications. Running daily and/or periodically IT operational activities such as close of business, produce business reports, consolidate business requirements for reports. Installation of any business application system plus specification and documentation. Creation and running of application database backup/restore using appropriate tools. Ensure the smooth running availability of all the banks application and ensure end users realize the usage benefits
With limits of delegated authority from the Team Leader, the officer will be responsible for the following:
- Assists the IT Application Support Team Leader in dealing with matters relating to business applications such as Core Banking, HR, Accounting, Internet banking, Mobile banking, Agency Banking, Interfaces etc.
- Control, administer and maintain parameters standard of the Banks applications systems
- Assist in management of all applications database such as MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL, Jbase
- Collaborate with relevant units such as security, development, infrastructure to develop secured frameworks components and applications.
- Design and develop data administration web interfaces for data management
- Web Services (XML, XSD, SOAP, WSDL, Rest) development for the data access from the data platform
- Design and enhance highly scalable and fault-tolerant systems to meet increasing levels of reliability, availability, scalability
- Assist to prepare and design, architecture that meets security guidelines and KCB security standards plus installation documentations
- Assigns and updates business system user security profiles
- Assists the implementation and testing procedures
- Administer business applications system change control file
- Test new changes/enhancements in business applications particularly items affecting operational activities
- Facilitate User Acceptance Tests.
- Runs close of business in Core Banking and other banking applications then produce all EOD reports
- Monitors key reports produced by the applications to ensure accurate system operations
- Assist to assess and maintain business application Risk Register
- Research, evaluate and recommend system technologies to support business requirements in collaboration with the rest of the team
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of new technologies
- Coordinate with the rest of the IT team to meet the team objectives
- Expands knowledge and capabilities to continually add value and progress within the bank IT Team
- A University degree in Information Technology or Business related field.
- A Master’s Degree in an IT or business related field will be an added advantage.
- 2 years working experience in banking applications support, web service architecture and development using J2EE
- Open source framework experience such as Struts, Spring, Caster, Quartz, DWR
- Message based application development using JMS, MQ Series/Rabbit MQ.
- Relational Database Management, Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, DB2 and Jbase required, certification is plus
- Programming skills preferably JAVA, J2EE, EJB, Web sphere, JSP, Servlet, PHP, Java Script and AJAX,.NET
- Web services standards and related technology knowledge (XML, XSD, WSDL SOAP, Rest etc.)
- Development experience in a Cross-platform, multi-tier environment plus shell script of Linux, Unix and Windows
- Experience in integrating with third party APIs
- Knowledge in Administration of application server (Websphere, TC Server) and MQ Series
- In-depth knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Agile & waterfall development experience
- Development experience using RAD/Eclipse tool/Netbeans
- Innovative and creative use of technology to solve problems
- Demonstrate high integrity.
- Good data analytical skills, both financial and non-financial.
- Good communication, planning and organization skill.
- BI application knowledge is a plus
- Big data Hadoop knowledge is a plus
- Development knowledge Channels/Technologies (Mobi, IB , ATM, Switch, Cards, Agency, etc.) is a plus
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating your current salary and benefits, copies of the relevant certificates and testimonials, 3 reference letters, daytime telephone contact and email address. Please apply to:
Head of Human Resources
KCB Bank Rwanda Ltd.
Kigali – Rwanda or E-mail on: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered your application must be received by June 9, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JOB REF: IRC 339