Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST) is a marketing-focused, results-oriented social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning, reproductive and sexual healthcare and allied services. MST is a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 45 countries worldwide. MST’s goal is to improve quality of life in Tanzania by dramatically improving access to and use of family planning and other reproductive health services.
We are looking for dynamic individual to join our highly motivated team in the following role
FLEET COORDINATOR - DAR ES SALAAM
JOB PURPOSE The Fleet Coordinator is a key member of the Logistics/fleet Team. The main focus of the post is to coordinate a smooth operation of Marie Stopes Tanzania fleet in order to deliver high quality service in line with Marie Stopes International [MSI] protocols and donor requirements. S/he is also responsible for efficient utilisation of motor vehicles at all times.
The Fleet Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Procurement and Outreach Lead to help achieve Marie Stopes Tanzania’s objectives.
COORDINATE OUTREACH, SUPERVISION AND SUPPORT OFFICE VEHICLES (FLEET) • Co-ordinate the implementation of the new GPS/Fleet Management system – for all outreach and support vehicles.
• Maintain an appropriate vehicle reservation system for Supervision and Support Office activities.
• Keep original vehicle documents in a safe place at Support Office and certified copies in the vehicles and periodically check whether all vehicles have necessary documents as required by the Road Traffic Act.
• Maintain an up to date inventory of Marie Stopes Tanzania fleet including Bajaj’s.
• Manage the appropriate equipment of all vehicles for including first aid kits, spare tyres, Safety triangles etc. and that correct type of tyres are fitted, seat belts work etc.
• Recruit Drivers both for long term and short term [locum] contracts – as required in conjunction with Human Resources using appropriate tests and questions as required by law and the Human Resources policies and procedures.
• Champion implementation of Fleet Management Policy, Guidelines and Code of Practice
MAINTAINING COST EFFECTIVE OPERATIONS OF FLEET • Track maintenance and safe cost per vehicle – all maintenance to be approved before a Purchase Order is raised.
• Conduct annual assessment, with support from Outreach Lead and Training Coordinator of driver’s skills on safe driving, safety of vehicles, fire drills and Infection Prevention, and regularly organize training for effective implementation of outreach activities and other related issues.
• Manage GPS/Fleet Management system on day to day basis and inform all drivers of any non-compliance or infringement of fleet policy as determined by Marie Stopes Guidelines.
• Keep all vehicles in roadworthy condition and work closely with procurement to have preferred garages and tyre retailers to do vehicle servicing for each Outreach vehicle on a timely manner.
• Monitor fuel efficiency by tracking cost of fuel consumption per vehicle per driver including oil and other lubricants.
• Make sure all drivers use log books for all vehicles and monitor the accuracy of information filled. Where there are gaps provide training and inform Outreach Lead (Outreach Vehicles and Bajaj) and Director of Human Resources and Administration (for Support Office vehicles).
• In collaboration with Outreach Lead spot check to confirm whether all drivers complete Vehicle Checklists in compliance with Marie Stopes Rules and Regulations.
PRODUCE MANAGEMENT REPORTS
• Submit on a timely manner all accident reports to the Director of Human Resources and Administration to include police reports, insurance claim forms and statements for parties involved.
• Submit timely Monthly reports on fuel consumption, and Quarterly reports on maintenance to the Director of Human Resources and Administration.
• Identify any other management reports that can be used to manage the Fleet including GPS/Fleet Management system.
• Work with Finance and Procurement and advise Executive Management Team on vehicle disposal.
• Work with Outreach and Projects Leads and advise Executive Management Team on vehicle replacement plans.
• Undertake any tasks as required by the Director of Human Resources and Administration.
Qualifications and Experience
• Diploma in Automobile Engineering or Transport Management.
• Computer IT literate – working knowledge of a fleet management system is an advantage.
• Demonstrated experience in providing fleet management support.
• Able to understand English • Good communication skills (oral and written) • Good personnel management skills • An eye for detail • Systematic and logical • A self-starter
If you feel that you are able to meet the key responsibilities and requirements and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your applications including a cover letter detailing your suitability and why you are interested to the address below.
Director of Human Resources and Administration Marie Stopes Tanzania 11 Kinyonga Street Plot No. 421/422 Mwenge Kijitonyama P. O. Box 7072, Dar Es Salaam.