JOB VACANCY: Consultant /Technical Advisor – Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) of Orphans, Vulnerable Children (OVC) and Youth
1.1. The Southern African Development Community (SADC) has fifteen Member States with a population of approximately 292 million and a combined GDP of USD 686.2 billion (2013). The overall objective of SADC is to achieve development and economic growth, which is to be attained through increased regional integration, built on democratic principles and equitable and sustainable development.
1.2. It is following this background that SADC Secretariat wishes to invite suitably qualified, experienced citizens of SADC to apply for the position of Consultant /Technical Advisor – Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) of Orphans, Vulnerable Children (OVC) and Youth, tenable at its Headquarters in Gaborone, Botswana:
2.0 MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the guidance of the SADC M&E Unit Coordinator and the Senior Programme Officer responsible for youth development and empowerment, the Consultant /Technical Advisor – MER for OVC and Youth will provide MER expertise and coordination support to ensure effective implementation and achievement of set outcomes and targets of the SADC Project to “Strengthening Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) Systems for OVC and Youth in SADC.”
2.1. Key Result Areas, amongst others:
Ensure the implementation of the SADC Project to “Strengthening Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) Systems for OVC and Youth in SADC”, focusing on achieving the following results:
- The MER for OVC and youth development and empowerment framework and tools developed, piloted, finalised and implemented;
- Capacity assessment conducted, training needs identified, and technical and capacity building support to Member States, regional partners and at the SADC Secretariat to strengthen their M&E systems provided;
- The MER for OVC and youth development and empowerment aligned with the overall SADC M&E system;
- Relevant operations research, assessments and analyses studies on the situation of OVC and youth development and empowerment conducted;
- Good and best practices on OVC and youth development and empowerment documented and shared at national and regional levels;
- Information and fact sheets and annual reports on the situation and progress on OVC and youth development and empowerment produced and disseminated in the region;
- MER for OVC & youth project publicised;
- Project reviews and evaluations conducted;
- Potential implementation bottlenecks identified and appropriate strategies recommended.
3.0 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in Population Sciences, Public Health, Health Sciences, Social Sciences or other related discipline;
- At least 5 years of continuous results based M&E experience preferably in the field of child and youth development or social development;
- Extensive knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies i.e. both quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing and analysis;
- Experience in project management and the use of data for programming and decision-making would be an asset;
3.1 Other Requirements:
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, excellent written and oral communication skills, a must;
- Appreciation of systems and holistic thinking, and integrated programming for marginalised and vulnerable populations;
- Demonstrated Computer skills in Microsoft Office programs and statistical packages such as Epi Info, SAS, STATA and SPSS;
- Fluency in English required with additional fluency in Portuguese and French as an added advantage;
- Ability and willingness to travel within the SADC region.
4.0 TENURE OF APPOINTMENT
Two (2) years
Average package of US$ 81, 650 per annum at Job Grade 4.
6.0 SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted to:
The Executive SecretarySADC SecretariatP/Bag 0095GaboroneBotswana
ATTENTION: Director of Human Resources and Administration or apply to email@example.com
Your application should accompany the following:
a) A short covering letter stating the position that you want to be considered for and describe how your qualifications, experience and competencies are relevant to the position;
b) A detailed and updated curriculum vitae;
c) Certified copies of your degree(s), Diploma(s) and Certificate(s);
d) Duly completed SADC Application Form.
Should you be shortlisted, you will be required to produce evidence of any educational and professional qualifications supporting your applications on the day of your interview.
SADC is an equal opportunity employer and particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
Closing Date: 21 February 2017:
If you are result oriented, you have passion for the transformation and development of Southern Africa, and possess the competencies to meet the new challenges, submit your application now!!!
Only applicants who meet the requirements of the SADC Secretariat and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Should you not hear SADC Secretariat within four weeks after closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
- SADC Employment Application Form - English
- SADC - Employment Application Form - French.doc
- SADC Employment Application Form - Portuguese.doc
- Advert - TA- MER - English.docx
- Advert -TA-MER - French.docx
- Advert - TA- MER - Portuguese.docx