Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and development organization with GNI Headquarters based in Seoul, Korea. The Mission/Vision of GNI works to transform the world to a peaceful and secure world, where no one suffers from starvation; where no one falls victim to preventable diseases; where everyone is comforted and respected with no alienation for any reason.
Good Neighbors Tanzania (GNTZ) was registered in 2005, and has offices in Dar es Salaam (Eastern Chapter), Mwanza (Western Chapter) and Dodoma
Position: Saemaul Zero Hunger Communities Project Volunteers
To provide support in Saemaul Zero Hunger Communities project especially Income generation activities and other Saemaul Zero Hunger project activities through documentation of programs and processes; arranging materials, equipments, and other resources; communicating program objectives, supporting program activities and evaluating program effectiveness.
The Saemaul Zero Hunger Communities project is a World Food Programme pilot project implemented by Good Neighbors International and regional government authorities, and funded by the Government of the Republic of Korea. The project has started implementation in Chamwino District (Fufu, Suli and Chiboli villages), Dodoma region, Tanzania in early 2014.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To assist Operation Department Officers and assistants in assessment on the progress of all income generation activities implemented under the name of Saemaul Zero Hunger Community Project.
• Assist Operation Division in Nutrition and WASH activities.
• Perform any other Operation duties as assigned by program manager and managing director of Good Neighbors Tanzania Dodoma office.
Competencies and Qualifications
• Bachelor in social science studies or any related course
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Interested in Community and rural development
• Ability to work in an international and multi-national environment
• Report writing skills
• Excellent skills in use of Microsoft Excel and MS word
• Religious and cultural tolerance
• Good command in English and Kiswahili
• Commitment to abide in Good neighbors Tanzania rules and regulations.
The Volunteer period will be for three months only, Period extension after three months will depend on Candidate’s satisfactory performance and his/her appropriate code of conduct in the office and during field trips.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to send their applications before 24th February 2017, enclosing cover letter, detailed CV, copies of credentials together with the names of at least two referees and their contact details to email@example.com or send physically at Good neighbors Dodoma office, Area ‘C’ Makulu street near Rose Garden. This volunteer position is only for those who live in Dodoma.