IFRS Manager - Fin067
CORE JOB DESCRIPTION
IFRS Manager will be responsible for statutory reporting for Vodacom Tanzania, including year-end, and quarterly financials. This will include consolidation of the financial statements, posting of consolidation adjustments, drafting the financials, submission to / interactions with external auditors, and finally printing of the audited financials.
IFRS manager roles is extended to include monthly financial management reporting to Vodacom TZ and Vodacom / Vodafone Group. As part of monthly management reporting, he / she should ensure full compliance of the reported financial statements with IFRS and Group accounting policy.
He/ She will also be responsible for any other statutory reporting which need to be submitted either on one time basis or on regular basis
This position requires strong knowledge of IFRS with proven related experience, including deep understanding of consolidations and tax matters.
The level of IFRS knowledge required is to up the ability of writing technical IFRS opinions supported by the right evidence
· Develop and improve financials models used to prepare consolidated financial statements
· Ensure timely reporting of statutory financials – quarterly and yearly
· Put in place proper process and controls to ensure that reported financials are fully compliant with IFRS and Vodafone Group Accounting Policy
· Periodic and timely reporting to FD of any potential deviation from IFRS and Vodafone Group Accounting Policy
· Managing external audit process for yearly and quarterly financials, while keeping good business relation with internal and external stakeholders.
· Printing and submission of statutory financials on due date with no exception
· Submission of monthly management financial reports on time, with no exception.
· Report of any potential financial risk/ exposure related to wrong accounting practices, tax matters, or miss presentation of financial statements
· Timely and accurately respond to any quires or challenges related to internally or externally report financial statements.
· Periodically communicate updated submissions calendars (internal / external) to all stakeholders, to make proper planning for all activities that may impact submissions.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND WORKING EXPERIENCE
· University graduate with a degree in Finance or Accounting.
· IFRS proficiency is a must
· Strong computer skills – MS excel is a must
· Strong knowledge of local tax / commercial laws.
· Hyperion Enterprise / SAP knowledge is a plus
· Professional certification is a plus (CPA/CA/CIMA/CMA)
· 5-7 years of working experience in field of accounting and auditing
· Proven record of handling similar role in a corporate / multinational environment
· Telecom industry experience will be advantageous