EFC Tanzania is a Microfinance Bank that provides financial services i.e. taking deposits and providing loans to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises and individuals. The bank is growing fast with the focus of reaching out to the unbanked business by growing its network throughout Tanzania in the coming years. To accomplish this, the bank needs to recruit three (3) Credit Analyst who are competent, analytical, experienced and hardworking individuals determined to go extra mile for their career growth and future.
It is the primary objective of the Credit Risk Analyst to support the EFC in the assessment and to make decisions about customer credit applications using a range of criteria including purpose of the loan, credit viability, customer payment history and customer credit-worthiness.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Credit Risk Analyst is primarily responsible to effectively and efficiently review, verify and analyse all customer loan applications submitted by Credit Officers/Credit Managers for approval by the Credit Committee. The main responsibilities are:
• Assessing, analysing and interpreting financial information such as balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements to determine the level of default risk.
• Analysing the business based on the financial position, market, annual performance of similar projects and benchmark, prevailing economic conditions based SWOT analysis of the project to be financed.
• Analyse and forecast changes in business environment, legislation, and compliance with statutory regulatory requirements.
• Enhance the quality of credit applications through advising Credit Officers and Credit Managers on areas for improvement and risk mitigation.
• Check and verify genuine and correct loan application documentations to avoid using forged loan application documents.
• Support Credit Department management in business development and implementation of the business plan;
• Coordinate the flow and processing of customer loan applications ensuring compliance with EFC policies and procedures;
• Support EFC Credit Delivery system and enhance turnaround time for customer loan applications as per EFC policy
• Preparing Credit Committee agendas and presenting the loan files to the Committee members for decision;
• Ensuring a sound and cautious approach to credit risk management;
• Attend verification visits when/if required;
• Performance of any other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager Credit Risk.
Qualifications & Requirements (i.e. education, skills and experience)
The Credit Risk Analyst requires good qualification in business studies, management, statistics, finance, mathematics, accounting (CPA, CFA, ACCA holders will have added advantage.
• A minimum of three years’ experience as a Credit Analyst in a financial institutions/Banks is required.
• Strong interpersonal skills in a cross-cultural environment;
• Knowledge of investigation and evidence gathering techniques;
• Analytical and problem solving skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a letter of interest detailing their motivation for the position applied for together with their Curriculum Vitae, three professional references and copies of academic Certificates/Diplomas/Degree and others Closing Date is 17th February 2017. The letters should be addressed to:
Human Resources Department,
EFC Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited,
8nd Floor, Tanzanite Park, 38 New Bagamoyo Road,
P.O. Box 11735,
Dar es Salaam,