Be a central part of Tanzania’s agricultural transformation – the SAGCOT Center Ltd. are looking for top-tier talent to join our team at the forefront of public and private sector development of Tanzania. Candidates must have an excellent management and leadership skills, strong analytical abilities and communication skills, an excellent academic record, and a passion for development. Those with at least 8 years of progressive experience up to senior management level are strongly encouraged to apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Launched in Dar es Salaam at the World Economic in 2011, the Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania (SAGCOT) is an international public private partnership that aims to transform agricultural in Tanzania’s Southern Corridor. Partners include local and international companies, farmers, development partners, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and the Tanzanian Government. By 2030, the partnership aims to attract USD 3.2 billion of investments, transforming 350,000 hectares of arable land into profitable production and lifting 10,000 small scale farmers into commercial farming.
SAGCOT Centre Ltd. functions as the operational hub, promoting investments in inclusive, sustainable commercial value chains. The SAGCOT Centre Ltd is also a neutral broker and catalyst that links different agriculture stakeholders in order to help achieve major economic growth in Tanzania.
SAGCOT Centre Ltd. is currently seeking to fill the role of Head of Policy; a dynamic and motivated senior professional, with the analytical and advocacy skills to play a central role in driving the success of the organization. Full details below:
Full Time Position: Head of Policy
Job Purpose to assist the CEO in the implementation of partnership management and investor facilitation. To manage senior relationships with advocacy bodies and non-state actors and develop strategic alliances across the full spectrum of policy actors to address enabling environment bottlenecks. To lead communication and awareness raising on policy issues.
Eligible candidates should have the following minimum qualifications
· Master’s degree in any of the following or related fields: Public Affairs, Political science, Public Administration, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Business Administration or Investment Banking, from an accredited university
· Background and experience in policy and policy analysis
· At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex and conflicting information, including the ability to independently identify information or analysis gaps and to undertake targeted research or evidence gathering to fill these gaps
· Sophisticated oral and written communication skills coupled with excellent interpersonal skills.
· Able to build a strong rapport, establish relationships quickly, and work effectively with other individuals and organisation
· Significant experience and expertise in programme management, including proven skills in cross-sector team management with a high degree of responsibility
· Demonstrated fluency in English
· Experience working in multi-donor funded projects
· Conducting monitoring and evaluation of sector programmes
HOW TO APPLY:
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are welcome to apply before the deadline on June 30th 2016. Opportunities are open for both nationals and international qualified candidates. Complete job descriptions of these positions can be viewed in the SAGCOT Centre Ltd website www.sagcot.com
Please attach a cover letter clearly stating which job you are applying for and a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and send it to only one of the addresses below. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.