We're Population Services International (PSI), the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. There are over 9,000 "PSI'ers" around the world. It's a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are looking for a Communications Director for an anticipated USAID-funded Social and Behavior Change Communications (SBCC program in Tanzania focused on fostering positive health practices in Tanzanian households and communities through changes in social and cultural norms that will enable and maintain these practices. The Communications Director will report to the Chief of Party (COP), with an estimated start date of late September early October 2016.
Sound like you? Read on.
You will directly assist the Chief of Party (COP) in the design, roll-out and day-to-day management and implementation of SBCC interventions in the areas of Family Planning/ Reproductive Health (FP /RH), Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (MNCAH), Malaria, HIV / AIDS, and Tuberculosis (TB) across Tanzania.
More specifically, you will:
• Lead the design, implementation, and monitoring of SBCC initiatives including strategies and materials at the LGA (Local Government Authority), regional and national levels with clear behavioral goals and programmatic results;
• Ensure that SBCC activities and strategies designed at LGA and regional levels align with those developed at the national level;
• Lead the overall SBCC technical quality of implementation of this project, ensuring alignment with the project's anticipated results and outcomes;
• Oversee work conducted by the project's SBCC partners;
• Represent PSI/Tanzania in key technical working groups, meetings and conferences;
• Contribute to the development of donor reporting, success stories, publications, etc.
• Work with M&E officer to design and implement strategies to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of SBCC programming;
• Contribute to development of project work plans and M&E plans;
• Travel to regions and communities to provide direct on-site supportive supervision in the design, implementation and evaluation of the project's SBCC interventions.
What are we looking for?
• You have a Master's Degree in public health, social sciences, international development, or a related field.
• You have at least seven years senior level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of large $40-50 million USAID-funded SBCC programs across various health areas, including:
The design of behavioral interventions/SBCC messages and interventions;
The application of the behavioral sciences in program design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation;
The implementation of SBCC programs toward improved health objectives; community-based SBCC program development and implementation;
the use of epidemiological and other health related data in SBCC program assign, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation;
SBCC-related qualitative and quantitative research. .
• You have at least five years senior level experience in health communications programming and health service delivery in developing countries;
• You have a good knowledge of USG Health initiatives and related reporting requirements and funding parameters;
• You have a good understanding of the latest thinking around SBCC theory and implementation;
• You have exceptional English written and oral communication skills;
References will be required. .
All applications with well typed CV should be addressed to Director of HR & Administration through firstname.lastname@example.org
Only Successful candidate will be contacted.
Contingent upon funding.