The cost accounting manager will be responsible for all day-to-day activities of the cost accounting function. He/she is the liaison, between the Factory and Corporate Accounting. This is a senior role within the organization and will involve interaction with senior executives . This role reports directly to the Head-Finance & Administration.
• Ensure compliance with IFRS.
• Support the Head-Finance & Administration in External/Internal Audits.
• Plan, organize and direct all the activities of the cost accounting function
• Manage day to day operations of the existing cost accounting function from management of current rates to monthly close and analysis
• Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
• Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
• Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
• Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
• Develop, maintain & continuous improvement on the existing standard costing system.
• Support the Group Project Team if/as required.
• Lead local project teams in customization assignments on inventory module.
• Develop in-plant cost accountants.
• Proactive analysis of variances and communication of issues and opportunities to operations management.
• Develop metrics and tracking system for major cost drivers
• Define policies and procedures 'for all cost accounting activities
• Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
• Reconciles finished goods inventories
• Bachelor's degree in Business/Economics with an excellent academic record. CPA.
• Cost accounting qualification is an added advantage.
• 5+ year's progressive experience in accounting management, 3 of which should be as a cost accountant in a manufacturing organization.
• Experience with ERP systems. Experience with Orion is an advantage.
• Strong analytical skills &proficiency in Ms-Excel,
• Proven experience in driving process improvement.
• Ability to lead, motivate and support accounting team
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with non-accounting professionals.
• This position is open for Tanzanian Nationals Only.