Loading...

Fursa ya Ajira Serengeti Breweries Ltd


Marketing Manager

Serengeti Breweries Ltd (SBL) operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the 2 nd largest beer company with a market share of 27.9%. It is an integrated demand/supply business with 3 operational breweries in Dar and Mwanza, and a third one built in Moshi, which is situated in the northern part of the country near the Tanzanian border. SBL’s flagship brand is our award winning Premium Serengeti lager, the Serengeti Brand Portfolio accounts for 51% of beer sales volumes and 42% of total volumes for SBL. The remaining 58% comes from our East Africa Flagship beer brands (Tusker & Pilsner), other local beer brands (Kibo, Kick, Uhuru & Senator) and spirit brands (Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys & Jebel)

Dimensions/ Financial:
To lead, build capability to transform and build equity for a family portfolio brandsto deliver business year NSV, AOP and volume as outlined agreed Business Plan for the financial year.

Purpose of Role:
The Marketing Manager to translate business plan into viable Game Plans and activities for their portfolio and develop the capabilities to implement, execute and deliver those plans. 

TOP 3
Accountabilities
Leadership Responsibilities – Manage, Develop & Motivate :
  • Recruit new talent into the team
  • Assign roles and targets
  • Train, induct and coach
  • Monitor and manage performance
  • Recommend rewards and enforce discipline with the team
Accountabilities:- Translate Business Plan to Viable Game Plans
  • Gather customer/brand insights in liaison with research agencies working conjunction with the Media & Consumer Planning Manager to develop game plans taking consideration the overall brand portfolio strategy (Marketing Strategy)
  • Develop/update Game Plans for the brand portfolio in consultationwith the Sales, Customer Marketing and the Marketing Director.
  • Set and periodically monitor/evaluate brand performance targets for the brands and share these with the Marketing, Sales & Finance teams, put in place remedial actions.
  • Continuously come up with new ideas that contribute to the growth of the brands.
  • Develop the annual budget for the Game Plans taking into consideration planned marketing activities.
  • Monitor segment expenditure against the budget, identify and highlight potential overruns and recommend remedial actions.
  • Build capabilities to implement, execute and delivered Game Plan targets in the team.
Managing suppliers & Workhand in hand with other departments :
  • Participate in the identification of suitable suppliers, in consultation with the advertising agency and the procurement team.
  • Oversee the briefing of suppliers to ensure quality standards are maintained.
  • Manage budget spend by suppliers.
  • Evaluate supplier performance on a regular basis.
  • Put in place remedial action in case of non – performance
  • Share brand plans/promotional plans, etc with the sales and other key stakeholders that vital for the effective execution of the plans
  • Regularly seek information on competitor activity from the sales team together withsuggestions on required responses.
  • Liaise with the finance department in respect to budgeting and budgetary control.

Qualifications and Experience Required:

  • 5 years + experience with a minimum 3 years experience in consumer marketing.
  • Good commercial exposure and understanding.
  • High level of Emotional energy
  • Good Strategic penetration
  • Good people performance – able to inspire and mobilise people (both direct reports and a broad range of others) to deliver great results
  • Good project management skills – able to manage multiple projects, and execute them all well
  • Proficient in the use of ERP systems, preferably Tally, Maximo/SAP
Newer Posts Older Posts
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

© Copyright KaziBongo | Designed By AFROPIXELS MEDIA CO. LTD
Back To Top