Key responsibilities: Perform skilled instrumentation/plant automation activities by providing technical service to optimize cost, equipment availability and customer satisfaction. Ensuring safe working practices towards zero harm. Utilize own and team efforts to achieve the objectives of the operation.
Principle Accountabilities: 1. Ensure plant control systems, instruments devices, signal transmission and communication are working properly and effectively a) Performs preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment b) Inspects equipment for defects, maintain instruments and equipment using hand tools and software available
2. Resolve plant instruments automation problems using proper operating procedures (Fault finding diagnosis) a) Perform calibration, installation and verification of instrumentation systems b) Set up tests, perform tests and collect data c) Perform equipment troubleshooting and repair plant electronic systems to maintain it to the highest standard and minimize break downs and maintenance costs
3. Ensure that substations /Remote IO panels are neat and operational a) Actual time of repair scheduled time b) Housekeeping well maintained as required
4. Documentations a) Ensure all documentation are in a neat and tidy state b) Ensure that documentation in substations is complete and up to date and in a neat and tidy state
5. Housekeeping a) Ensure that substations are clean and neat
6. Ultimate responsible for safe working practices especially area of responsibility
7. Any other duties as may be assigned
Key requirements - Education and Experience: a) FTC/Diploma in Electronic/Instrumentation Engineering b) Minimum 2 years instrumentation maintenance experience in cement or equivalent industry c) Must have extensive experience in PLC, instruments and computer knowledge
Knowledge and Skills: a) Understanding of operation maintenance and production b) Knowledge of health, safety and environmental risks identification and statutory requirements and management c) Sound computer and MS Office skills d) Ability to read and understand plans, blue prints and specifications e) Good on fault finding f) Able to plan own activities g) Able to think himself in problem solving h) Fairy independent i) Able to take and follow instructions j) Good understanding of preventive maintenance requirement k) Honest and trustworthy
SALARY & BENEFITS The Company offers attractive salary and benefits package in line with the candidate’s qualifications, skills and experience.
Enter in Subject Line: Electrical Technician (This will speed up the process)
Qualified applicants should send their CV with the full job title in the subject line firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Do not send us your certificates) – only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.