Policy Forum (PF) is a network of 76 civil society organisations brought together in their interest in poverty reduction, equity and democratization and pursuit to enhance and augment the voice of ordinary citizens in national policy processes. The network focuses on governance and public money accountability at both central and local levels. PF wishes to recruit a Manager – Communications & Advocacy.
Primary Responsibilities: Effective communication, public engagement and networking: Organise and facilitate public debates on policy issues relevant to the advocacy work of the network, organise meetings with government officials and members of parliament, manage content for an interactive website linked to social media and draft press releases, newspaper articles, short papers, analyses for publication.
• A broad range of problem-solving skills in public policy; including the confidence to experiment creatively with innovative solutions to critical and emerging policy problems.
• Excellent and appropriate inter-personal, communication and persuasive skills
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability translate policy concepts into real-world behaviours and vice versa in a variety of contexts.
• Functions well in teams and works productively with diverse groups of people at all levels.
• Awareness of and sensitivity to critical issues in the Tanzanian policy environment at local and national level.
• Excellent language skills, verbally and in writing in English and Kiswahili.
• Results-focused and value-driven.
• Basic IT skills – Office systems, presentations, extensive use of the internet for research.
Key Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in social sciences, journalism, law, public policy, governance, or a related field.
• Experience in working on national policy issues.
• Experience in working with Tanzanian civil society on advocacy issues would be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in forming and sustaining productive professional relationships with different stakeholders.
Demonstrated understanding of and experience in one or more of the following will be of added advantage: 1) analysis of public budgets and use of Social Accountability tools 2) experience in advocacy and policy engagement strategies 3) expertise in public policy implementation strategies 4) experience in working with the media on policy issues 5) Baseline knowledge in the extractive industries and gender issues.
Friday, July 15, 2016
If you fit the above criteria, you are invited to submit the following: (a) a cover letter clearly stating in 200 words or less which job you are applying for, why you want this job and consider yourself suitable for it, (b) salary history, (c) 2-3 references (including one(1) from immediate employer), (d) an updated CV which includes your complete contact details, and (e) sample (no more than 2500 words) of your written work in Kiswahili or English.The application deadline is 15th July 2016. Application materials will be retained by Policy Forum and cannot be returned.
Interested candidates should submit an application either by mail or by email to the following address:
Policy Forum Recruitment – (write the name of the post you are applying for here.)
P.O Box 38486,
Women are strongly encouraged to apply!