PSI Tanzania is seeking Finance Director for an anticipated USAID funded program; Comprehensive Platform for Integrated Communications Initiative (CPICI). If you want to contribute to the large program in Tanzania to improve people's lives and you meet the 'requirements outlined here, come and join us! We are looking for an experienced Finance Director who will be one of the key personnel to lead the financial related matter for the project.
The purpose of the CPICI is to change social and gender norms to promote positive health behaviors and practices. The mandate of CPICI is to use advocacy and behavior change communication interventions to improve the health of Tanzanians, demonstrating a clear link between program interventions and health status outcomes. CPICI award will tailor messages to geographic, epidemiological and audience segments at the regional level. Because regional radio programs have proven successful in the past, the CPICI award should incorporate this type of radio as a core-medic channel. Beyond traditional media, the CPICI award should use innovative techniques and mobile technologies to support program quality, reach, and effectiveness.
PSI is committed to taking an evidence-centered approach to its programming and ensuring the highest quality of financial management towards helping communities to lead healthy lives. Toward this end, the Director of Finance will cultivate Program financial management culture which is attentive to the need for rigor in generating programmatic expenditures analysis; actively uses high quality evidence to inform its strategies; and contributes to health solutions by producing financial information’s that provide innovative approaches to high impact in the Program health areas of HV / AIDS, .Maternal, Newborn and Adolescent Child Health (MNACH), TB, Nutrition, FP/Reproductive Health, Malaria. The Director for Finance will provide technical direction, Program management, including staff supervision, and contribute to business development initiatives within the PSI Financial Practice. The position is one of several Directors within the PSI who provide technical expertise and strong Program management to ensure high quality design and delivery of the project's finance and accounting activities. Additionally, the Finance Director will contribute to staff training and mentoring in areas of finance and accounting, and will represent PSI within professional associations and forum.
Reporting & Working Relationships:
The finance Director reports to the Chief of Party, and works across the whole Program including collaborating and contribute to the PSI Tanzania senior management. S/He supervises, closely guides and directs the work of staff who are responsible for the implementation of program and ensuring their effectiveness in collaboration with their relevant stakeholders.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBIUTIES
• Provide finance technical leadership for the CPICI, technical guidance and direction for, and review of CPICI expenditures and resulting deliverables, including reports.
• Serve on external and internal audits assignments as Team Leader or technical expert.
• Inform and develop strategies as required for new business and work being implemented.
• Represent PSI and serve as a thought-leader for finance within professional for a, to clients, to the staff and PSI as a whole.
• Provide training, mentoring and guidance to PSI staff on matters related to finance contribute knowledge and understanding of finance to the efforts implemented by other PSI Practices.
• Accurately scope, plan and organize human and technical resources for the achievement of Program technical, financial, and contractual objectives and requirements on assigned Programs
• Serves as technical lead and technical liaison to clients and partners for assigned Programs.
• Ensures timely submissions of contract periodic progress reports including monthly, and quarterly financial report submissions and financial accrual reporting as required by Program contract. (Donor specifications, requirements, and deliverables schedules.)
• Manages and oversee all contractual reporting requirements for assigned Programs.
FINANCIAL REVIEWS, CONTROLS AND SUPERVISION
• The Finance Director is responsible for overseeing the finance and administrative functions of the program
• Ensuring compliance with the award terms. She/he will work closely with the COP and other team members to ensure resources are effectively and efficiently budgeted and managed
• Contributes to developing tools for managing reviews and analysis of financial data
• Prepare the project expenditures reports in accordance with client (USAID, DOS, other) finance policies and standards:
• Advises the Chief of Program on finance related procedures and policies for CPICI
• Guides, supervises and participates in joint program and financial progress reviews.
• Prepare the management responses to findings and recommendations and ensure audits are recorded and monitored for follow-up implementation
• Supervises regular collection of the financial data through implementing partners and reviews of the same to ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations
• Analyses and discuss findings based on regular monitoring of the project expenditures
• Provides technical support on finance related matters and' recommendations to the relevant Program Manager and Partners.
• Ensures that implementation of field activities adheres "to CPICI rules and regulations required by the donor .
• Works closely with program team to generate financial analysis for decision making
• Participates actively in programme planning process and budgeting of the programme quality and fundraising unit
• Support CPICI team in developing the quarterly, semi-annual and annual Program reports.
• Leads, design and implement efficient integrated financial and Program performance measurement systems that allow accurate, reliable information collection and reporting
• Ensures timely monitoring, and take into account changes in program conditions when planning assessing impact and reporting on progress.
• Ensures smooth communication within the PSI team.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• PhD Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting or related field
• Certified Public Accountant or ACCA
• Seven years' experience in financial management of USG assistance programs of similar size, complexity and setting
• Expertise in USG cost principles, rules and regulations and applying these in program decision- making
• Demonstrated experience in supporting and working with program technical staff to ensure resources are used efficiently and to accurately account for expenditures
• Demonstrated experience in managing sub grants including risk assessment and working with host government entities as grantees.
• Exceptional skills in automated accounting systems and use of Excel spreadsheets.
• Excellent record of accurate and on-time reporting to donor agencies.
• Experience with PEPFAR in sub-Saharan Africa or comparable resource-limited settings preferred.
• Fluent in oral and written Kiswahili and English
SKILLS & ABIUTIES
• Excellent planning, analytical skills, attention to detail and the ability to work cost-effectively and efficiently.
• Ability to pursue big picture vision as well as detailed implementation.
• Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Training delivery and development of interactive workshops.
• Proven leadership ability and collaborative approach to finding solutions, achieving quality work, and delivering outcomes and materials on time in a changing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with professional contacts, resources and/or networks and relate to people with sensitivity, tact, discretion and professionalism.
• Committed to the highest personal and professional integrity and ethics.
• Strong computer skills (Windows XP, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, databases and the Internet)
All applications with well typed CV should be addressed to Director of HR & Administration through firstname.lastname@example.org
Only Successful candidate will be contacted.
Contingent upon funding.