Policy Forum (PF) is a network of 76 civil society organisations brought together in their interest in poverty reduction, equity and democratization and pursuit to enhance and augment the voice of ordinary citizens in national policy processes. The network focuses on governance and public money accountability at both central and local levels. PF wishes to recruit a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer.
Primary Responsibilities: Oversee effective implementation of MEL framework and provide internal advisory support on organisational learning: Assist program managers to develop realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data to report on performance, outcomes, results and learning, develop a strategy for outcome mapping, investigate and try other methodologies for impact planning and assessment (e.g. Theory of Change) and inform the network accordingly and coordinate the implementation of baseline surveys and review of Strategic Plan, follow‐on monitoring and evaluation exercises for Policy Forum. Coordinating timely data collection, analysis and assisting the compilation of Progress Reports.
- Clear understanding of the monitoring, evaluation and learning concepts and the purpose MEL.
- Ability to develop a results framework including ascertain outputs, outcomes and impacts.
- Ability to use key qualitative tools such as key informant interviews, group discussions, focus group discussions and direct observations.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies to improve data quality.
- Basic IT skills – Office systems, presentations, extensive use of the internet for research, Ms Office (e.g. Ms Access) and research programs
- Excellent language skills, verbally and in writing in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to function well in teams and works productively with diverse groups of people at all levels.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Research /Monitoring and evaluation. Demonstrated ability to design and managing evaluation or research projects.
- Experience and understanding, developing and using impact and outcome frameworks.
- Experience of using both quantitative and qualitative research/evaluation methods.
- Project management experience.
- Experience and understanding of effective dissemination and communication of research/evaluation findings within both internal and external organisational settings.
Demonstrated understanding of and experience in one or more of the following will be of added advantage: 1) analysis of public budgets and use of Social Accountability tools 2) experience in advocacy and policy engagement strategies 3) expertise in public policy implementation strategies 4) Baseline knowledge in the extractive industries and gender issues.
Friday, July 15, 2016
If you fit the above criteria, you are invited to submit the following: (a) a cover letter clearly stating in 200 words or less which job you are applying for, why you want this job and consider yourself suitable for it, (b) salary history, (c) 2-3 references (including one(1) from immediate employer), (d) an updated CV which includes your complete contact details, and (e) sample (no more than 2500 words) of your written work in Kiswahili or English.The application deadline is 15th July 2016. Application materials will be retained by Policy Forum and cannot be returned.
Interested candidates should submit an application either by mail or by email to the following address:
Policy Forum Recruitment – (write the name of the post you are applying for here.)
P.O Box 38486,
Women are strongly encouraged to apply!