Post: EFSL Team Leader
Number of posts: 1
Grade & Leve: C Zone 2
Contract Type: Fixed Term (6 months)
Oxfam in Tanzania (OiTZ) is renowned for its ability to help people in communities in very tangible ways: improving food security and livelihoods, reducing gender-based violence, increasing women’s economic and political participation; and working with pastoralist communities.Since May 2015 OXFAM started to respond for the Burundi refugee Response with initial activities in emergency water supply, Sanitation and health promotion services for refugees. Later in October 2015 an emergency food security for vulnerable livelihoods was started. It has continued to lead on setting up of WASH facilities in Nduta refugee camp in Kibondo
To achieve this, OXFAM seeks to recruit suitable qualified Tanzania Nationals for the following position to be based in Kasulu.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In this role you will report to the Programme Manager and you will be responsible for the following:
1. Programme Management
• Works with the EFSL coordinator, WASH, gender, protection focal person and programme team to design implementation plans and activity strategies that are well integrated
• Responsible for the implementation of the EFS/FSL strategy and for the coordination/management of the field team to achieve the expected objectives, in line with Oxfam policy and agreed standards.
• Conducts analysis of the existing financial instruction or traditional mechanism for cash transfer and identify innovative/relevant payment system /modalities in consideration with the security situation, programme quality and efficiency in delivery.
• Builds the capacity of Oxfam and Partner staff to implement the EFSL programme through training work, on-the-job training and mentoring.
• Areas of focus are likely to include cash transfer programming, support to livelihoods small income generating activities (support to women groups) and monitoring and evaluation.
• Ensures Gender and Protection are mainstreamed into livelihoods recovery programming by increasing knowledge of the staff, community structures and beneficiary communities through trainings/ awareness raising activities and incorporating gender data in program monitoring and design.
2. Monitoring and Evaluation
• Prepares monthly situation reports and other project progress reports as required.
• Gathers and manages program information effectively, ensuring accurate, easily accessible records maintenance and filing by programme team members.
• In collaboration with other Programme teams, monitors the impact of our work on the targeted beneficiaries and communities
• Ensures that programme output indicators and lessons learnt are monitored and reported regularly to inform project design, programming and advocacy.
• With support from MEAL Coordinator sets up MEAL system for reporting on EFSL indicators including complaints mechanisms, payment verification, ..etc.
3. People management
• Directly supervises the Programme Officers in the areas of operation and appraises their performance regularly according to policy and procedures.
• Support Programme Officers to support and manage Programme Assistants
• Increases understanding and builds capacity on livelihoods and food security issues within the team and with partners.
Skills and Competencies:
A candidate envisaged for this role will have:
• University degree in relevant areas e.g (Social Science, Management)
• At least three years of work experience. Experience in working with an NGO or government
• Experience in leading markets and cash transfer programs
• Ability to influence and network with others to adopt new practices or change existing ones
• Able to work on own initiative without close supervision, but to also work as a member of diverse team
• Ability to work effectively with others influencing, supporting, following as required with competing demands, have a drive to achieve results within deadline
• Good communication skills – Fluency in written and spoken English and ability to communicate in Swahili ¬
• Good command of computer software packages e.g. WinWord, outlook and Excel
• Confidentiality, tact, diplomacy and good interpersonal skills are essential
• A commitment to the aims of Oxfam, equal opportunities and gender equity
• Demonstrate experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning, including participatory approaches
• Ability to plan and coordinate and work within implementation timeframe while maintaining program quality
This opportunity is for a dedicated and highly motivated professional with strong commitment to Oxfam's values and beliefs. If you believe you qualify for this post and you are the candidate that we are looking for, please submit your application and CV in English detailing your experience for the post applied and include daytime telephone contacts by applying online at www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs and then go to current vacancies. You are advised to use advert Reference number INT2505 and job title above. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. The closing date for this post is 4th July 2016
“Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply”
This post is opened for Tanzanians only