The purpose of the five year USAID Public Sector Systems Strengthening (PS3) project in Tanzania is to strengthen existing Government of Tanzania (GOT) systems at national and local levels to improve service delivery across sectors. The PS3 Region Manager will manage and coordinate in the resident region to ensure the achievement of project objectives and delivery of project outputs.
Location and Duration:
PS3 will operate in the following 13 regions of Mainland Tanzania: Dodoma, Iringa, Kagera, Kigoma, Lindi, Mara, Mbeya, Morogoro, Mtwara, Mwanza, Njombe, Rukwa, and Shinyanga. The appointment is planned to be for 4 years subject to probationary period and ongoing performance reviews. The Region Program Manager will be based in region offices and travel as required in the LGAs in that region, Dar office headquarters and in other regions as needed.
Job Description for PS3 Region Program Manager
1. Provide overall management for PS3 in the respective regions
2. Liaise with the government regional focal person on all aspects of PS3 protocol and operations
3. Coordinate with PS3 component technical leads and LGA program mentors to implement project activities at region and LGA levels
4. Coordinate with other key stakeholders including development partners
5. Support technical interventions as assigned
6. Collaborate with regional secretariat to conduct quarterly regional and LGA coordination meetings
7. Prepare monthly and quarterly reports and submit to the PS3 Dar es Salaam Office
8. Manage PS3 monitoring and evaluation data collection and entry
9. Perform all required general and financial management functions
10. Provide logistic support for PS3 interventions and events taking place at region and LGA levels
• Bachelor’s degree in management, public administration, economics or finance, information systems, or other management-related fields
• At least ten years of experience in the implementation of government or donor-funded programs at the national or LGA level
• Strong management, writing, and interpersonal skills
• Functional computer skills
• Fluency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
• Sector experience (e.g. health, education, agriculture, other) working with or for LGAs is preferred
• Please submit your updated and signed CV, contact information for three references, and cover letter to this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your personal e-mail address and mobile number. Personal visits or phone calls to this office are discouraged.
• Applications received after the deadline June 14, 2016 will not be considered.
• All application letters should be address to:
Tanzania Mentors Association
P.O. Box 105006
Dar es Salaam