DIRECTORATE: Campaigns and Policy
Position: Youth Activism INTERN
Location: Johannesburg Only
Duration: Fixed Term 6 months contract
AAI Grade: A
Salary: R5000 per month
Local terms and conditions of employment will apply
Purpose of the Role:
Support communication and digital engagement tools and products in Activista in order to build a youth network, which supports AAI’s campaigning goals.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support updating Activista social media spaces to ensure continuous engagement with supporters on Facebook and twitter
- Coordinate and support Activista editing and updating their blogs on actionaid.org/activista and social media platforms
- Support Activista’s digital campaigning plans specifically on the three Multi-country Campaigns (Safe Cities for Women, Tax Power and LandFor), in close collaboration with the International Digital Campaigner, the Mobilisation Team and International Communications team.
- Monitoring and evaluation of Activista digital activities and reporting.
- Support Activista events and campaigns using digital communication tools
- Contribute to the over-all digital campaigning strategy and other digital initiatives (i.e. digital security, etc)
- Support the Head of Campaigns and Campaign mobilisation team with any necessary administration or logistics
- Spend time with campaigners to develop strategic and practical understanding of planning and delivering exciting multi-country campaigning, as well as acquiring highly-transferable campaign and communications skills.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience in using digital tools for campaigning
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Actively engaged in campaigns linked to social justice
- Actively engaged on various social media sites
- Experience working with young people
- Passionate about women’s rights, social justice and equality
- Excellent IT skills - word processing, outlook, excel, PowerPoint and internet research skills
- Proven initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm in responding to changing priorities and tight deadlines
To be considered for this role, you must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the South Africa.
Applications should be sent with your CV and motivation/cover letter and proof of eligibility documents by no later than 21st June 2016. You are requested to highlight in the motivation/cover letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for. REF NO: V038
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
External Applications send to: email@example.com
ActionAid welcomes applications from all sections of the community and we promote diversity.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret we will not be able to respond personally to applicants who are not short-listed. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Recruitment consultancies/agencies should not approach ActionAid with regards to open vacancies. We regret that agency candidates will not be considered.