Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 500 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Water and sanitation, e learning programme and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa has the following vacancies at country office and projects in Dar es Salaam, Tandahimba and Mwanza
PROJECT MANAGER - Tandahimba Integrated Malaria and MNCH Project (Based in Tandahimba District)
To provide Technical and leadership support in the implementation of a community based malaria intervention in line with the National guidelines and strengthening the primary health care system in Tandahimba District. This project is expected to end in December 2016; therefore, the position is for the period of seven months.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall in-charge of the day- to-day functioning of the project, including planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Provide managerial leadership and support to ensure technical soundness of the project in line with the national malaria control, MNCH guidelines and priorities.
- Provide technical guidance in implementing Community Based Health Care (CBHC) in addressing malaria and MNCH interventions.
- Support community based interventions and the accompanied capacity building plans for strengthening community structures for preventing and managing malaria and MNCH interventions.
- Provide direction for developing community-tailored IEC materials and performance of community mobilization activities
- Prepare and submit regular technical and financial reports for the project and facilitate submission of the reports on specific indicators required at the district.
- Manage and track the project budget, ensuring that expenses match with specific budget line items; and comply with donor requirements as stipulated in the grant agreements.
- With support from the Monitoring &Evaluation officer, develop M&E framework and plans for keeping track on project progress and outcome.
- Identify areas needed to carry out for advocacy for community-based malaria intervention
- Document and Disseminate best practices and lessons learnt locally, regionally and internationally.
- Identify opportunities and participate in developing new proposals.
- Maintain good relationship with the Ministry of Health, the district council, NGOs and other development partners working in Tandahimba district and across the country.
- Represent Amref Health Africa and advocate for adoption of best practices by district and regional authorities.
- Collaborate and network with district and CSO partners to implement an integrated malaria-MNCH and community development programme
- Design and write reports (both technical and financial) according to donor and Amref Health Africa requirements and standards, including liaising with donor on final and technical issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Basic degree in medicine with Masters Degree in Public Health or related subjects.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience of working with public health interventions.
- Competence and knowledge of malaria prevention and control programs, and a clear understanding of the national guidelines for MNCH interventions. Knowledge of IMCI is of added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of working with and within rural communities in various health interventions
- Excellent team building, networking, leadership, analytical, administrative, organizational and communication skills.
- Clear knowledge and competence in project cycle management.
- Up to date knowledge of advances in global malaria control initiatives and MNCH.
- Experience or ability of working with the Council Health Management Team (CHMT).
- Ability to work with and coordinate partners.
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision, meeting tight deadlines.
- Computer literacy
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of two referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30hrs on May 23rd 2016. All correspondence should be directed to: Email: email@example.com
Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply