The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has certain requirements regarding first aid and CPR preparedness in the workplace. Some OSHA compliance standards require specific types of industry to provide first-aid and CPR training to employees.
7.1. PLANT INSPECTOR II (1 Post)
7.1.1 Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare articles and manuals on Plant safety
· Provide inputs in the preparation of Business plan, Strategic plan and other policy formulation in relation to Plant Safety.
· Prepare and submit inspection and other reports timely.
· Carry out general walk through workplace inspections for the purpose of the establishing plant compliance status.
· Carry out specific Plant Safety inspections and recommend remedial measures for identified problems.
· Conduct risk assessment.
· Plan and implement specific plant and safety programmes for both workers and management of the inspected plants.
· Keep plant inspections reports records.
· Provide plant safety consultancy services.
· Carry out accidents investigations, prepare a report, analyzing and recommend control measures.
· Provide input for plant surveys and researches.
· Conduct follow up inspections to ensure corrective measures in plants have been implemented.
· Scrutinize and approve drawings and plans for plants.
· Review documents from inspected plants.
· Recognize, evaluate and control plants mechanical hazards.
· Interpret scientific data collected during investigations and recommend appropriate control measures to be taken.
· Review existing and current Occupational safety and health literature in relation to Plant Safety.
· Appear and participate in court proceedings on the matters regarding to plant safety.
· Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
7.1.2 Qualifications and Experiences
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related qualification from a recognized learning Institution
7.1.3 Salary Scale: OSHA 6.1
7.1.4. INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE INSPECTOR II (2 Post)
7.1.5 Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare articles and manuals on Occupational Hygiene and Ergonomics
· Provide inputs in the preparation of Business plan, Strategic plan and other policy formulation in relation to Occupational Hygiene and Ergonomics Safety.
· Prepare and submit inspections and other reports timely.
· Carry out general walk through workplace inspections for the purpose of the establishing of compliance status.
· Carry out specific Occupational Hygiene and Ergonomics inspections and recommend remedial measures for identified problems.
· Carry out work environment measurements (Thermal stress, noise, light, dust, gases, fumes, aerosol, mist, vapour, radiation, indoor air quality, ventilation, efficiency etc.)
· Facilitate Occupational Hygiene and Ergonomics training to workers and management of the inspected workplace.
· Operate and maintain work environment inspections equipment.
· Provide input for and Occupational Hygiene and Ergonomics surveys and researches where need be.
· Recognize, evaluate, report and control workplace hazards
· Provide input to Public Relations Unit on Occupational Hygiene and Ergonomics issues to be delivered to media, Government agencies, workers and management and other stakeholders.
· Interpret scientific data collected during investigations and recommend appropriate control methods
· Operate technical equipment for obtaining samples
· Conduct follow up inspections to ensure corrective measures have been implemented
· Review relevant documents from workplace
· Review existing and current Occupational Safety and Health literatures in relation to Hygiene Safety.
· Performing any other related duties as may be assigned his/her supervisor.
7.1.6 Qualification and Experience
Bachelor Degree in Environmental Health Sciences, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental engineering, Occupational, Environmental Health or its equivalent from any recognized
7.1.7 Salary Scale: - OSHA 6.1
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact, postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates:
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
v. Form IV and form VI results slips are strictly not accepted
vi. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
vii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will
necessitate to legal action
viii. Applicants current employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
ix. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
x. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xi. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
xii. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xiii. The attachments shall include one recent passport size photos; certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and the applicant’s birth certificate. This shall also include submission of certificate or application of registration by VCT or MCT.
xiv. Deadline for application is 20th May, 2016
xv. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvi. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xvii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xviii. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
i. All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the
following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ (This address can also be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
ii. IMPORTANT: REMEMBER TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION LETTER. IT
SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO: THE SECRETARY, PRESIDENTS OFFICE PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIET, P.O.BOX 63100, DAR ES SALAAM.