Reporting to the Head, Digital Financial Services and Mobile Payments, the jobholder will develop software solutions for digital products, services and business by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, investigating problem areas, following the software development lifecycle.
- Develop Digital Applications and Solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtain and license software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products
- Protect operations and business continuity by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Master’s Degree or relevant professional qualifications are an added advantage.
- Atleast 6 years’ experience as an applications developer including managing other applications developers.
- Proven and Demonstrable track record of development of digital products and solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of programming language such as Lisp, Php, Perl, Clojure, Python and/or Java, API Development.
- Must have working knowledge of development project management tools such as JIRA, SLACK, TRELLO.
- Strong passion for coding, and technical aptitude, including the ability to understand detailed technical information
- Ability to use programming tools to design and manage databases
- Working knowledge of desktop applications
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent high quality interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Very good attention to detail
- Demonstrable leadership and team management skills
The above positions are demanding roles which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*NB: If your application is successful you will need to submit these documents (download)
To be considered your application must be received by May 27, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JOB REF: DIG 02/2016